Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Chargemaster Analyst PSJH to our location in Portland, OR.
We are seeking a Chargemaster Analyst PSJH to be responsible for maintaining the consolidated standardized hospital Charge Master in accordance with established coding practices and governmental regulatory requirements; enforcing Ministry wide standards in the collaborative build, production and governance decisions. The Chargemaster Analyst supports the Chargemaster across the Providence enterprises, Community Connect partners and affiliates.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for management, maintenance, and optimization of the consolidated Chargemaster standard, including the research and assignment of the appropriate CPT/HCPCs codes, revenue codes, descriptions, modifiers, multipliers, and billing codes to meet CMS and Medicaid guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Review requests and resolves issues from ministry departments related to compliant Chargemaster coding and charge capture.
- Responsible for maintenance of additions/changes/deactivations to Chargemaster codes in Epic, including billing codes, descriptions, and fee schedules. Monitors data for anomalies and notify stakeholders as appropriate.
- Actively participate in standard RI-CDM Dept. workflows and collaborates with Epic Application and Local Revenue Integrity depts. for timely and accurate updates to the CDM and charge capture systems.
- Conduct annual updates to billing codes and Fee schedules, partnering with Revenue Integrity, Epic Applications, and Finance.
- Perform self-directed and customer requested audits; analyzes results and makes recommendations for improving the standard CDM and charge capture processes; educates stakeholders of charge-related issues, documents and monitors resolution to prevent recurrence.
- Assist with service line review to insure that the Chargemaster and charge processes accurately reflect the services provided and comply with regulatory criteria for billing compliance.
- Maintain charge capture standards across the system, including Epic Applications and third party vendors.
- Support the alignment, optimization and deployment of the Epic Chargemaster, including collaboration, implementation, stabilization and ongoing operational functions.
- Serve as subject matter expert for assigned services lines.
- Participate in Compliance, CDM, governance councils, and Revenue Integrity meetings as a subject matter expert.
- Monitor charge related Epic Work Queues as assigned, and conducts root cause analysis with Epic and other Revenue Integrity stakeholders.
- Assist with maintenance of charge review work queue rules in coordination with CSC and HB teams.
- Communicate major issues and service failures that impede success following the chain of command in a calm and respectful manner
- Participate in a culture where fellow team members are focused on both individual and team targets; where metrics are understood, monitored and results celebrated.
- Responsible for development of positive and collaborative relationships within RI-CDM team and ministry Revenue Integrity and Departments; maintains a detailed and comprehensive roster on the shared drive, of contacts names and numbers for charging departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or work experience
- 5 years hospital Chargemaster, hospital billing or related Revenue Cycle experience in the Healthcare industry.
- Knowledge of hospital regulatory billing requirements and hospital charging practices.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 3 years of operational performance improvement and/or project management experience.
- Experience in a multi-hospital and/or integrated healthcare system.
- Knowledge of government and third party payer reimbursement methodology.
- Courses in Medical Records Coding.
- Healthcare operations experience, particularly in an acute care hospital setting.
- Experience working with Epic.
- Able to work regular M-F 5/8 schedule.
- Able to travel on a quarterly basis.
About the department you will serve.
One Revenue Cycle (ORC) is the name adopted to reflect the Providence employees who work throughout Providence Health & Services (PH&S) in revenue cycle systems and structures in support of our ministries and operations in all regions from Alaska to California. ORC's objective is to ensure our core strategy, One Ministry Committed to Excellence, is delivered along with the enhanced overall patient care experience (know me, care for me, ease my way) by providing a robust foundation of services, operational and technical support, and the sharing of comprehensive, relevant, and highly specialized revenue cycle expertise.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Financial Analyst
Other Location(s): Montana, California, Washington, Oregon, Alaska