We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
ALDI is one of the fastest-growing retailers in the nation, and we are charting an aggressive growth course to become the third-largest U.S. grocery retailer by store count by the end of 2022. How can you play a part? By joining our Warehouse Development team. The team supports the construction design and management, expansion planning and land acquisition for our distribution network. Helping us grow can translate into a great move for your career.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $120,000/year
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Provides highly skilled technical advice and assistance to management and staff.
• Liaises with boards, committees, and commissions as required.
• Advises on any changes or actions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
• Informs management of recurring issues or when additional team training may be required.
• Looks for the best locations to continue the company's expansion plans.
• Leads complex warehouse development projects from implementation through delivery.
• Prepares due diligence and site feasibility analysis of regulatory requirements, entitlements and constructability for new land acquisition/development projects.
• Develops preliminary master project schedules and development budget estimates.
• Tracks and updates project expenses and anticipated milestone deliveries throughout the progression of design and construction.
• Facilitates and troubleshoots the myriad of problems associated with coordinating, development, and design projects.
• Monitors the progression of work to meet quality standards while ensuring costs remain under budget and critical milestone deadlines are met.
• Assists in training and developing team members to retain a motivated and professional workforce.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate Development, Project Management or a related field.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Real Estate or Project Management.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Development and execution of project plans; delivery of key tracks/segments.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Communicates and works well with others.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Analyzes and resolves complex issues.
• Ability to apply creative solutions.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Requires nationwide travel to Aldi Regional Distribution Centers.
• Position comes with a company vehicle.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.