HVAC Lead/Building Maintenance Technician
Built on aculture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated supportservices to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, campservices, security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. Weare proud to serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clientsfrom federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcareinstitutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and thetransportation and telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mindknowing we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bringcreativity, technology and experience to every project. Our mission is toprovide management and support services at a level of quality, value, safetyand expertise beyond our clients' expectations. At NMS, we expect our employeesto fulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
This BuildingMaintenance/ HVAC Technician position requires the ability and aptitude totroubleshoot and repair a wide variety of equipment. Candidate needs a strongworking knowledge on a variety of Commercial/Industrial HVAC equipment andplumbing with moderate proficiency in electrical.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform HVAC functions across the state of Alaska.
- Willing to perform required administrative and documentation tasks.
- Understanding of Oil and Natural gas fired boilers and equipment.
- Performs water sampling of boilers and hydronic systems.
- Repairs and maintains all the heating, air handling systems and A/C units.
- Tests and repairs various systems and equipment using meters, schematics, drawings and manuals.
- May perform a variety of other duties required to maintain and operate commercial or industrial equipment and facilities.
- Maintains a log of all work performed, parts needed, or parts used on all
- work requests.
- Must adhere to strict safety policies and standards.
- Supervises and trains technicians to provide high quality work accomplishment and outstanding customer service.
- Other building maintenance related duties as assigned such as making structural repairs to masonry, woodwork and furnishings, patch or replace plaster/plaster board, paint walls, ceilings, and trim. Maintenance of personnel doors, overhead doors, locking systems, any and all general building maintenance items as required.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit's success also may be assigned.
- High school diploma or GEDequivalent.
- Technician must have NATEcertification and EPA Universal certification to work on Freon systems.
- Three (3) years' experienceworking in a commercial and/or industrial setting.
- HVAC hands on repair and troubleshooting proficiency in thecommercial and industrial settings is required and experience in theCommunications industry is preferred, i.e., cooling of Central Office WireCenters, large Network and Internet Switch rooms
- Perform routine calibration of pneumatic thermostats and controllers,routine change of pneumatic compressor condenser coils and filters
- Trouble shoot and diagnosis of airflow problems, monitor glycolpressures and inhibitor levels.
- Periodic inspection and monitoring of air conditioning coils toensure proper airflows and heat rejection.
- Augmentation of filter changes as required, inspect coilconditions for organic debris and soils.
- Ensure compliance with DOT Cylinder Maintenance, Retest andCertification requirements for hydrostatic test dates of high pressurecylinders.
- Use the Annual Preventative Air Conditioning Maintenancechecklists/job plan provided or by manufacturers specifications.
- Knowledge and ability toperform maintenance on various types of heating systems is required.
- Basic knowledge of low tohigh voltage, 3 phase wiring principles and how to read a schematic.
- The ability to writedetailed, descriptive reports on HVAC equipment and required repairs. CFC reports required by the client, etc.
- This position normallyrequires approximately 25% travel out of Anchorage area to remote sites,however, depending on client needs/requests, technician could be required totravel more often. May be required totravel within hours of client request to any site throughout the State ofAlaska. Must be willing and able to flyon small aircraft to said remote sites.
- Must be able to work wellwith others as directed and be a team player.
- Able to work independentlyand prioritize workload.
- Positions main focus will beon HVAC specific tasks a majority of the time but building maintenance dutiesare required and client needs always take precedence.
- Assume Supervisory roleand/or job site Lead technician. Abilityto instruct others as a lead technician in a professional manner.
- Must be fluent in speaking,reading, and writing English.
- A valid Driver's License andan acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years to be eligible underNMS' vehicle insurance policy.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather:Indoor/Outdoor - occasional exposure to harsh weather conditions; requires workto be done both inside and outside.
Noiselevel: The noise level in the work environment is usually that of a standardoffice atmosphere.
Descriptionof environment: Office building with standard office environment.
Physicalrequirements: Employee is required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs. Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle orfeel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, andcarry weight/lift.
Travel:Employee may travel up to 25% of the time throughout Alaska and/or remotelocations and may be required to use alternative modes of transportation,including but not limited to snow machines, boats, small airplanes and ATVs.
Safetyguides our behavior.
Honestyand integrity govern our activities.
Commitmentsmade will be fulfilled.
Allindividuals are treated with dignity and respect.
Theenvironment will be protected and sustained.
EqualOpportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMSis an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants willreceive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protectedstatus or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.NANA grantsemployment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendantsto the extent allowed by law.
Itis NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment,as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with companyand/or contract requirements.
If you are a job seeker with a disability andrequire accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of ourjobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order toappropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specifythe assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position.The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reservedonly for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone,contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
To request an accommodation by email, contactus firstname.lastname@example.org
Job: Maintenance & Repair
Company: NANA Management Services
Primary Location: US-AK-Anchorage
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External: Oct 31, 2020, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: ACS00195