Axle Informatics is a bioscience and information technology company that offers advancements in translational research, biomedical informatics, and data science applications to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in biomedical science, software engineering, and program management, we focus on developing and applying research tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate research discoveries. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple agencies & institutes at the US Department of Human Health Services.
We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst personnel with US Government contracting experience to join our leadership team in North Bethesda, MD. This role is a strategic business partner to the senior executive leadership team, a trusted and confidential adviser to the business owners. The role is responsible for the financial reporting, guidance, strategy, reporting, DCAA / DCMA audits and financial forecasting for the company. The candidate will use their expertise to provide guidance with respect to balancing growth, financial decision making, rate development, profit levels and help position the company for financial success. This position will provide both strategic, tactical and organizational leadership to the financial activities of the company also advise the broader management team as a thought leader in identifying profit generating opportunities; this role is for someone who not only works with the numbers but beyond them.
This role requires a hands-on leadership experience who is comfortable to perform the work and guide the team efforts.
- Gather and organize financial data from all accounting departments
- Compile and analyze financial reports and find discrepancies that require senior management's attention
- Manage the general ledger and devote time to risk management, especially with regard to accounts receivable
- Prepare financial reports with reliable conclusions that management can use to implement more effective operational strategies
- Forecast models for revenue changes and expenditure increases/decreases
- Provide EOM reports for C-level executive
- Provide detailed and accurate analytical insights on the company’s financial and operational performance
- Provide executive management with advice and recommendations on the financial implications of business activities
- Build collaboration and trust-based relationships with the leadership team, staff including disseminating / presenting financial information and key points to multiple levels of stakeholders
- Analyze company’s annual budgeting and forecasting of revenue, rates, capital purchases to meet strategic goals, provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Work aspects of accounting operations such as receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting
- Assess and manage the consolidation of company’s financials
- Manage the company’s cash flow models to provide analysis and recommendations whenever needed in support of programs, investments, contract negotiations, etc.
- Prepare and present predictive financial analysis and models to executives, board members, investors or investment groups related to target company acquisitions and capital raises to expand operations
- Manage and develop the finance and accounting department staff to develop process and procedures in support of the company scalability
- Work with Human Resources to support accounting requirements for company benefit programs including the 401(k) plan and serve as the Plan administrator to provide oversight on the 401(k)-investments
- Consistently support the management team to achieve budget, revenue and EBITDA goals
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place, ensure compliance with GAAP, the DCAA, FAR and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws, rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Lead DCAA/DCMA audits and manage procedures, and oversight of calculation of cost pools, and documentation
- Coordinate closing cycles of financial systems in a timely manner
- Maintain and iterate the accounting system and workflows with a goal towards optimization and efficiency
- Ensure the credibility of finance / accounting group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts
- Provide financial leadership and expertise with the company’s Deltek Vantagepoint accounting system, workflows with a goal towards optimization and efficiency to meet current needs
- Work closely with other departments in support of bids and proposals, contract negotiations, pricing and financing strategies, compliance with contracts terms and recommend conditions while ensuring company profitability
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan for Axle Informatics
- Identify, mitigate risks and look for potential business opportunities while making recommendations for action including but not limited to providing financial expertise in the planning and forecasting of new services, contracts, expansion based on projections
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with leadership / management staff to identify their needs and provide practical business solutions
- Minimum 7+ years of progressively responsible experience within Corporate Financial Analysis
- Master’s degree in accounting or Finance preferred
- Must have CPA and strongly prefer someone with CFA, CMA or CIA
- Must have experience with Power BI
- Must have experience working with the government contracting space
- Extensive experience in financial reporting & modeling, accounting management, present reports to the Operations Management, Executives, ESOP Trustee, Investors and Investment groups
- Extensive financial related experience related to US Government Contracts.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in complex accounting systems, specifically Deltek Vantagepoint, ADP with 100% management experience
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in GAAP, DCAA/DCMA, FAR and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and relevant tax laws and compliancy
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in business valuation, employee stock ownership programs and recapitalization strategies
- Demonstrate excellence in business corporate financing and accounting methodologies including in-depth understanding of P&L, balance sheet, cash flow management, general finance, capitalization, and budgeting strategies
- Should have the ability and track record to empower employees, fosters a sense of ownership among the teams and agility to work within a fast paced and highly dynamic business environment
- Experience in modern tools for business analytics
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication and presentation skills
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make informed decisions
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Master in MS Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Access, etc)
- 100% Medical, Dental & Vision premium coverage for Employees
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off (Including Holidays)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- 401K Match
- Tuitionreimbursement and professional development opportunities
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.