Rise to meet the challenge of solutioning the world's problems. Software Engineers at IBM get to see their work in the real world, from improving the current state of disaster preparedness to providing more accurate medical solutions around the globe. You will be challenged to think outside the box, work across organizations, and engineer creative solutions that scale to the demands of our ever-growing customer base. Take ownership and be actively engaged in the entire product lifecycle - from quick hits to full feature development.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role is located ONSITE (after covid) Armonk, NY, Southbury, CT, RTP, NC or Austin, TX .
There is no relocation offered and no remote option. (post covid)
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) professionals are engineers who specialize in reliability and resiliency with the right mix of knowledge and skills in software and systems.
Do you have a passion for development and IT Architecture, and do you like to work at all levels ranging from setting technical direction to doing hands-on work?
As a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) combines software and systems engineering to build, maintain and run a large-scale of OpenShift hybrid cloud container platform.
On the SRE team, you'll have the opportunity to solve the complex challenges of scale which are unique to our OpenShift platform, while using your expertise in Scripting, configuration, automation, analysis and large-scale OpenShift system design.
Do you have a passion for development, IT Architecture, and hands-on work?
As a member of the CIO Cloud Services team, you will have opportunities to apply your skills to a variety of projects, further develop your expertise with state-of-the-art tools and technologies, and have a positive impact on IBMers worldwide. You will a key part of building, running, and maintaining a multi-tenant containers platform.
Your duties will include:
- Hands-on with building, maintaining and running a multi-tenant OpenShift hybrid cloud platform
- Well versed with Cluster Resource management and Cloud deployment, including monitoring systems, logging and security implementation
- Designing solutions on cloud platform and mitigate threats.
- Working in partnership with development team for development, testing, and implementation, and support of designed solutions.
- Automating implementation of solutions using Configuration Management automation tools (such as Chef and Ansible) and Continuous Integration job scheduling tools (such as Jenkins and Travis).
- Automating work including infrastructure needs, testing, failover solutions, failure mitigation, and much more
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of experience with cloud technologies such as OpenShift, Kubernetes, Dockers
- Experience designing, building, and operating large-scale production systems
- 2+ years experience identifying, designing, and implementing cloud solutions
- Experience programming using scripts and Go programming languages
- Knowledge of security considerations of cloud computing: including data breaches, broken authentication, hacking, account hijacking, malicious insiders, third parties, advanced persistent threats, data loss, and DoS attacks.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with DevOps engineering or SRE at https://www.gremlin.com/site-reliability-engineering/sre-vs-devops/
- Experience with monitoring and observability such as with Datadog, New Relic, and Dynatrace
- Experience automating infrastructure, testing, and deployments using tools like Ansible, Chef, or Terraform
- A strong understanding of diverse infrastructure platforms and infrastructure concepts required.
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM's IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM's 365,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.