If you love high profile and challenging programing projects supporting the US Navy- Serco has a great opportunity for you! This Mid-Level Network/Cybersecurity Engineer will be on a dynamic team, developing network and cybersecurity solutions for the Navy's newest shipbuilding program (Frigate). Bring your expertise and collaborative skills to make an impact towards our military defense and safety of our sailors and help define the future cybersecurity architecture of the Navy.
Serco supports the US Navy as a prime for their Engineering Services Support contract to which supports the FFG(X) shipbuilding program. Serco is the engineering support lead for the Government Program Manager and is responsible for working with the Government agents and the shipbuilder to deliver the US Navy's first new start shipbuilding design in more than 40 years.
You will be part of a ~50-member team that works closely with the client, the shipbuilder, and other Serco teams to deliver quality systems engineering solutions and network architecture designs to balance the needs of the Fleet and the program office. Dr. John Sahlin  leads this team with over 25 years' experience supporting commercial and US Navy clients.
In this role, you will:
- Design and develop network architecture products for FFG(X) baseline network.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Review current shipbuilder design for network architecture and provide redlines updates to design documentation
- Contribute to development of detailed network engineering and cybersecurity design documentation, including (but not limited to): Block Wire Diagrams, Device Interconnect Drawings, Access Control Lists, Ports/Protocols/Services Lists
- Analyze and interpret design details provided by PEO C4I and Shipbuilder to develop Fleet solutions
- Coordinate design decisions among Government Program Office, Technical Warrant Holder, and Shipbuilder
- Support valuation of alternative approaches and provide recommendations to Government
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- An active Secret clearance.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, Cybersecurity, or related discipline
- 6-10 years of network engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience supporting design, production, and/or sustainment of Navy networks
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has approximately 8,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).