Location: Loudonville, NY Category: Administrative and Staff Positions Posted On: Mon Sep 14 2020 Job Description:
Siena College is accepting applications for the position of Part-time Public Safety Officer. Siena College Public Safety Officers ensure the safety and security of the Siena College Community by providing professional services to the students, employee and visitors as well as physical security and safety checks of the property and buildings. Enforcement of Siena College policies and Federal, State and Local laws. Additional duties include; patrol (foot, bike, motor vehicle), traffic enforcement, traffic control, access control, training and education for the community as well as any other duties specifically assigned by Public Safety Administrators.
1) High school diploma required, associate's in Criminal Justice preferred;
2) Security or Law Enforcement experience required;
3) Candidates must possess a valid NYS driver's license and insurability at the time of appointment and must maintain such license and insurability throughout the tenure of employment.
4) NYS required eight-hour pre-assignment training certificate or obtain prior to employment;
5) Must have, or be able to obtain, a NYS security guard license and must maintain said license throughout employment
6) Experience in a campus setting is helpful.
7) A background screening will be required.
Siena College is a Franciscan and Catholic institution and expects members of its community to be knowledgeable about its mission and to make a positive contribution to that mission.
Siena College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.