Under general supervision, supports the administrative requirements within the acute care management department to ensure safety, best practice and high quality standards of care are maintained. Interacts directly and indirectly with internal and external providers, delivering excellent customer service. Is an integral member of the care management team by facilitating patient transitions from the acute care setting, completing administrative reports and data abstraction, and other clerical tasks.
• Coordinates arrangements for home health and durable medical equipment prior to discharging patients.
• Provides necessary paperwork to the vendors of home health and durable medical equipment to complete arrangements
• Abstracts meaningful data from the medical record
• Provides clerical support to the Care Management department
• Protects the confidentiality of patient information and adheres to company policies
• Must possess strong customer service skills to coordinate services
• Computer literacy a must to be able to navigate through internal and external systems
• Familiar with basic medical terminology and concepts of care management
Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
High school diploma or GED
Experience (required and preferred):
1-2 years prior experience as a medical assistant, certified nursing assistant, or medical records