Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of 'Always Advancing to Protect What's Important.' With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2018 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
The Maintenance Mechanic position primary Function is to perform preventive and repair maintenance work on production machinery to ensure the continuous production of high quality film while maintaining all safety work standards.
- Follows all Company policies regarding safety, quality and attendance. Performs duties in a safe manner and report all observed safety hazards to management. Participates in plant's safety programs and addresses safety concerns in a timely fashion. Since maintenance functions are inherently dangerous and troubleshooting of problems may require equipment to be running, incumbents are held to a higher standard of safety and should present themselves as role models for safety.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and corrects mechanical, electrical, and process problems to ensure capability of production equipment
- Provides 24/7 technical support for production
- Regularly inspects production lines and support equipment and provide feedback for necessary maintenance service cycles
- Assists with assembly, installation, disassembly, and demolition of production equipment and building support equipment as required for upgrades or new installations
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area; meets plant and department housekeeping standards. May be assigned additional housekeeping responsibilities throughout the plant as needed to maintain a clean and orderly work space.
- Accurately records/documents detailed information regarding work performed in our work order database.
- Works with contractors as needed for maintenance or project work
- Maintains building and grounds
- Participates in employee driven teams to address scrap, quality, safety or other production related issues.
- Maintains and services printers and other peripheral equipment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.