SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At WellMax a proud member of the
Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it's a powerful combination, and the
foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members,
greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us
and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an
exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those
we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune
Top 50 Company.
Location: 2601 S.
Military Trail, Ste 1, West Palm Beach, FL
Responsible for preparing and labeling prescriptions. Counts, weighs, measures, and pours prescription medication or stock legend drugs and controlled substances including the filling of an automated medication system.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizes pharmacy's adjudication platform, to enter required information in order to record all legal requirements for preparation of prescription verification by Pharmacist.
- Maintain compliance with regulations from applicable State Board of Pharmacy, local, state, and federal requirements as it pertains to prescriptions.
- Communicates with prescribers, customers, other staff, and any other entity required to complete prescription.
- Assists the Pharmacist in reviewing, processing, preparing, filling, labeling and dispensing of medications and supplies.
- Arranges work activities so that the pharmaceutical needs of customers are met. Answers phones, responds to questions and requests or refers them to appropriate staff for medication information.
- Verifies data entry information.
- Maintains records by recording and filling physician's orders and prescriptions.
- Checks medications and administration supply inventory for out of date products, removes products from inventory and works with the appropriate resource to record out of date products.
- Maintains a clean and safe pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Requires High School diploma or equivalent; I year experience as a Registered Pharmacy Technician; previous experience in pharmacy environment and pharmacy terminology; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Valid Registered Pharmacy Technician required.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board certificate preferred.
- Experience in dispensing pharmacy setting preferred.
- Experience with pharmacy adjudication platform.
- Bilingual preferred.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired
Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019
Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and
apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.