Under general supervision, this position provides medical equipment repair and maintenance, performing substantial maintenance, safety testing and routine repairs.
1. Performs basic preventative maintenance/safety tests, training provided.
2. Assist with equipment repair throughout responsible area.
3. Completes all necessary record keeping for work orders received and/or finished.
4. Promotes the safe effective use of clinical equipment.
5. Assists in the ordering of parts and supplies necessary for the servicing of equipment.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Training: Associate degree in a related field required.
Experience: Entry level to three years of related experience.
Must keep up-to-date on technological and medical advances. Must maintain up-to-date understanding of The Joint Commission, NFPA and other regulatory agencies/standards. Must have the ability to repair and maintain a wide variety of equipment.
License & Certification: BMET certification preferred.