The Learning Design Professional 2 uses instructional design, cognitive psychology and adult learning theory to determine the appropriate solution to a knowledge or performance gap. The Learning Design Professional 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Learning Design Professional 2 analyzes content, organizes content, designs solutions, and writes storyboards, scripts, performance support, mobile learning and manuals. Analyzes learning needs and partners with subject matter experts to provide input for course content. Writes effective learning objectives and coordinates performance assessments to measure training effectiveness. Ensures course materials are current and relevant to training needs. Tracks and analyzes the training programs effectiveness by examining learner's satisfaction levels, proficiency testing, and job performance improvement. Provides instruction and guidance to Facilitators. Knows how to use social media and collaborative tools to facilitate learning. Plans, organizes, and develops training curriculum, materials, job performance aids and programs to meet specific training needs. Uses consultative skills to commit projects and conduct needs analysis with clients to determine whether learning solutions are necessary or relevant. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Our Department of Defense contract requires U.S. Citizenship
- Successfully receive interim approval for government security clearance (eQIP - Electronic Questionnaire for Investigation Processing)
- Bachelor's degree or at least 5 years of learning/training experience
- Prior experience working in a consumer centric company leading the learning function or related function
- Prior demonstrated capability leading teams and developing and maintaining a dynamic and high performing team culture.
- Progressive business and financial analytics experience with a focus on learning strategies and adult learning theories
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Master's Degree in one of the following areas: Business Administration; Learning and Performance; Education; Human Resources, Organizational Design or Related field.
- Work experience in a health care and / or Insurance setting
- Health Insurance license (or able to obtain one within the first 90 days in the role)
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Mission: At Humana, our cultural foundation is aligned to helping members achieve their best health by delivering personalized, simplified, whole-person healthcare experiences. Recognizing healthcare needs continue to evolve for each person, for each family and for each community, Humana continuously creates innovative solutions and resources that help people live their healthiest lives on their terms -when and where they need it. Our employees are at the heart of making this happen and that's why we are dedicated to building an organization of dynamic talent whose experience and passion center on putting the customer first.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status, except where age, sex, or physical status is a bona fide occupational qualification. View the EEO is the Law poster.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Humana Safety and Security
Humana will never ask, nor require a candidate provide money for work equipment and network access during the application process. If you become aware of any instances where you as a candidate are asked to provide information and do not believe it is a legitimate request from Humana or affiliate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to validate the request.
If you are a California resident and would like to review our California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Policy click here: