Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to "Always Do The Right Thing!"
About this role
Our Dental Assistant provides required documentation of services to the Dentist or designee in order to monitor the provision of dental services. This includes maintaining dental charts, keeping records of dental findings, and scheduling patients for dental appointments.
What you bring to the table
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Previous experience as a Dental Assistant
- Current CPR Certification
What you will do
- Utilizes standard precautions during all dental encounters where applicable
- Provides chair-side assistance by maintaining clear field of operation, passing instruments, suctioning, etc. as needed
- Sterilizes instruments utilized in the dental office
- Mixes restorative materials as required
- Assists in performing of intra-oral and extra-oral x-rays
- Develops and mounts x-ray films as needed
- Performs intra-oral tasks with dentist supervision
- Maintains x-ray unit, processor, autoclave and dental unit(s) according to specifications
- Notifies H.S.A if equipment is not in appropriate working order
- Inventories supplies and equipment maintaining adequate levels as indicated
- Orders supplies and equipment
- Ensures that sufficient number of trays is set up for the days patients; pulpotomy, caries control, amalgam, and perio/scaling
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of dental clinic through careful sanitation practices
- Completes daily instrument count sheet maintaining security control of all instruments within the dental office
- If daily instruments count is incorrect, they complete reports to Security and H.S.A