WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Masters level degree in sports science preferred and 4 years of relevant work experience related to sports science, sports research within athlete performance environments is required.
- Proficient in applied research methodologies including a confirmed understanding and background in collecting and analyzing lab and field statistical data to uncover athlete performance insights.
- Ability to analyze and compile relevant data and insights into visually compelling and concise reports and recommendations for athletes and coaches.
- Maintain knowledge and experience of leading technologies and procedures utilized in elite levels of sports performance.
- Act as an internal specialist to provide insights to footwear, apparel, equipment, and digital innovation teams.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Performance Specialist within the Nike Sport Research Team that will act as the link between the Research Lab and the work being done by our best-in-class level teams and athletes. You will carry out sports science research in both the lab and field settings that help to identify key performance challenges at the elite athlete level and that may provide key insights into product solutions across the footwear, apparel, equipment, and digital innovation teams.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
This role will require an appropriate level of sports science knowledge and extensive experience of working with athletes and performance staff at the highest level. You will need the ability to run projects, with multiple researchers involved, throughout all phases of the project, including briefing, planning, execution, data analysis and presentation. In addition, it will be vital that you have experience in being able to analyze and provide an understanding of data collected in both lab and field settings and be able to demonstrate capability in addressing a variety of groups including athletes and coaches as well as internal partners. You will also be encouraged to promote the work and image of the NXT Sport Research group externally to the performance science community.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. NIKE is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call +1 503-671-4156 and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information.