Looking for a New Career Path with more responsibility? A job where YOU can make a difference? Do you have a background in Retail Sales, Customer Service, Car Rental/Travel, Residential Property Management or Hotel/Restaurant experience; just to name a few? Then you have found your new career! Let us develop you into an Assistant Sales Manager with the opportunity for growth within the company. We feel like we know you already because you are:
- Team Player
- Outgoing & Confident
- Possess Strong Sales Skills
- Customer Service-Oriented
Self Storage Specialists has been the number one, Self-Storage Company in Michigan for the past 32 years. We are locally owned and operated. We are a multi-million-dollar company based in Farmington Hills Michigan. Job Summary:
Our “Assistant Sales Managers” (ASMs) are responsible for the daily operations of their facility. This person reports directly to their Property Sales Manager. ASMs are dependable, outgoing, ambitious individuals who can be self-sufficient in reaching their weekly/monthly goals. Their primary duties are leasing units, customer service, daily reconciliation of monies, and managing our accounts receivables. These individuals have strong computer skills and the ability to handle customers efficiently with the ultimate responsibility for property performance of meeting or exceeding company expectations. Duties and Responsibilities:
Characteristics of an Assistant Property Sales Manager:
- Deliver excellent phone skills & walk-in service to all customers.
- Assist customers in determining the correct size unit for their needs.
- Show, rent and clean storage units.
- Execute truck leases.
- Maintain office files.
- Accurately manage cash and balance receipts.
- Travel to bank and post office (must have own vehicle, valid driver’s license, and insurance).
- Perform light maintenance duties when needed for keeping the facility clean.
- Manage the property in a manner to contain costs of operation to maximize income.
Enjoy All the Benefits we have to offer: Full Time:
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- Candidates with 2-3 years of retail/sales experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Able to handle ongoing change.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Able to lift and move 35 lbs. regularly and 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Must have a clean employment history, criminal history, and driving record.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER!!
- Co-Pay Health Insurance, and optional Dental, Vision, Life, and GAP Ins.
- Company-paid Life Insurance.
- Competitive Hourly Rates, Bonuses, and Contests with CASH Rewards.
- 40 - Hours – Full-Time Employee.
- Paid Training.
- Paid Holidays.
- Paid Time Off - PTO.
- Matching 401k Retirement Plan.
- Discounted storage unit.
- No late nights required.
- No Sundays.
All applicants must undergo a background check and have reliable transportation.