Transdev Services. Inc., is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, is seeking an Bus Operator Control Center Controller in its Fairfax County, VA facility.
The BOCC Controller coordinate and disseminate information to Operators, Supervisors and other pertinent staff involved in helping to provide on-time service of buses on routes. The BOCC Controller uses a GPS CAD/AVL system to proactively manage the day-to-day on the road operations of transit service delivered by Transdev.
- Provides verbal direction to Bus Operators, verbal assistance to Road Supervisors and others.
- Pro-actively intervenes, using all available resources, to ensure that the safest high-quality service is provided.
- Collaborates with the local Transdev operating divisions and the Client regarding; service interruptions, on time performance issues, detours, bus stop concerns, lost & found items, service capacity and other needs.
- Make documentation in various data base systems, information on service incidents including; accidents, medical/first responder, mechanical defects/road calls, full & passing events, etc.
- Documents and refers disciplinary actions to BOCC Supervisor as directed by manager to include: verbal counseling, written counseling, written work rule violation notices, etc.
- Documents and refers commendations to BOCC Manager
- Resolves disputes and concerns raised by employees
- Other duties as required including cross training in various roles.
- Some college preferred.
- 3 years’ experience in heavy radio or dispatch required, preferably in a transit environment.
- Experience in computer databases and MS Word software required.
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to communicate instructions and directions in an extremely busy environment.
- Ability to quickly analyze a situation and provide an effective solution is essential.
- Ability to work under stressful situations essential.
- Knowledge of service area.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn working systems of coaches a must.
- Must be able to communicate in written form.
- Knowledge of two-way radio systems is essential.
- Ability to interact professionally with internal and external customer on all levels and be able to work well with diverse groups.
- Travel requirement (as a percent): <5% for occasional meetings.
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by the employee to successful perform the essential functions of this job. Work is generally done sitting at a desk, utilizing repetitive hand and wrist motion. Lifting, stooping, pulling, and bending is required. Reasonable accommodations can possibly be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 100% of work is accomplished in doors and in air conditioned or well-ventilated facilities.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of the arms, repetitive hand-wrist motion, and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling materials.
- Must be able to lift or handle up to 25 pounds.
- Exposure to heavy traffic areas while performing the duties of the job.
- Exposure to considerable amounts of dust, vehicle fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibrations and noise.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check.