Production Operator - Paint Manufacturing Fulltime ** Night Shift (6pm - 6:30am) with Shift Premium - Days off during week and alternating 3 day weekends **Shift Premium - Days off during week and alternating 3 day weekends **
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
- Night Shift (6pm - 6:30am) with Shift Premium ($0.75 per hour extra)
- Days off during week and alternating 3 day weekends
- 36 Hour/48 Hour work schedule - FT working only 14 days per month
- Great Benefits - Annual and Quarterly Bonus - Paid Holidays and Vacation
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show! Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans. This position will be assigned to various production related tasks, which includes product manufacturing, product filling, and shipping related functions. This position is responsible for assisting the production team successfully achieve its goals and objectives Major tasks include:
- Advocate and practice the principals of the Safety program
- Participate in plant safety committee meetings and activities
- Operate paint making control systems
- Operate manufacturing equipment such as HSD’s, pumps and valves
- Operate packaging equipment such as robotics, filling machines, case packers, labelers, etc.
- Operate forklifts
- Unloading of dry and liquid materials
- Loading of trucks with finished goods
- Monitor quality or product in manufacturing and packaging areas to include OTMIS (off the mill in spec), cycles, fill levels, package appearance, fill weights, and raw material certificate of analysis
- Use floor computers for reporting unsafe conditions, calling up order numbers, etc.
- Reading and following instructions in all areas of the production floor, manufacturing, packaging, shipping, receiving, etc.
- Participate in house keeping activities that are indicative of a safe and clutter free work environment
- Must be able to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English
- Must have the legal right to work in the country of employment without needing sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must be able to work overtime with or without reasonable accommodation
The successful candidate must also pass a pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen. Preferred Qualifications:
- One year of experience working with machinery in a manufacturing environment
- Experience operating packaging equipment such as robotics, filling machines, case packers, labelers, etc.
- Experience watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly
- Experience monitoring the quality of raw materials or finished goods
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.