Processes incoming and outgoing communications in the Police and Security Command Center. Monitors cameras alarms, and other surveillance equipment to provide vital information to dispatched responders.
- Receives records, assesses urgency, and responds to all security/police phone calls, emergency calls and alarms.
- Receives and transmits all security/police multi-based radio, air transport and satellite communications.
- Processes requests for classified data of employees, patients, and the public.
- Performs clerical functions in the Command Center.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- None required.
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Ability multitask quickly and effectively prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
- Two years of experience in a high volume communications center, PBX operator, or a public or private law enforcement/security agency.
- Associates degree or equivalent formal training in Criminal Justice, Computer Science or other related field may substitute for up to one year of the required experience.
- A Bachelors degree in a related field without experience may be considered.
- Work requires extensive sitting and dexterity to perform work on a PC.
- Requires the ability to walk to other parts of the police facility and the greater Cleveland Clinic campus.
- Normal or corrected vision and frequent twisting and turning to perform functions. Should be able to lift 40lbs to move, lift and shelve various supplies and equipment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities