Providence is calling a Resource Staff Pharmacist - Pharmacy (0.0 FTE, Rotating/Variable) to Providence St Vincent Medical Center in Portland, OR.
We are seeking a Staff Pharmacist - Pharmacy that will have the responsibility to integrate the provision of pharmaceutical care with other elements of the patient care process to provide a collaborative, cooperative effort with other members of the health care team to assure optimal drug therapy outcomes and to improve the patient's quality of life.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Review and interpret physicians orders to assure that the drug, dosage form, and dose is appropriate for the patient's age, weight, and comorbidities
- Check for drug incompatibilities and allergies, and take appropriate action when necessary.
- Review patient records and orders regarding drug therapy, recommends and initiates changes that are consistent with the patient's age; is successful in improving patient outcome through monitoring and intervention consistently
- Regularly consult with physicians and nursing staff members concerning the use, availability, dosage form, side effects and possible incompatibilities of new as well as currently used drugs; always take time to clearly explain information to concerned patients
- Follow proper computer order entry procedures
- Mix IV additive solutions and chemotherapy as required using food aseptic technique within the laminar flow hood
- Be responsible for the completion of all assigned work procedures during the shift, while maintaining the highest standards of quality
- For medications, define as part of PHS's clinical services (DUE, pharmacokinetics), Concurrent interventions and follow-up will be made in order to assure the appropriateness, safety, and efficacy of the medication
- Supervise and review work performed by supportive personnel
- Use pharmacokinetic principles in establishing patient specific dosage regimens as appropriate and effectively documents all clinical monitoring
- Understand the principles of the hospital formulary and follows formulary procedure
- Maintain current awareness of and complies with the Quality Management programs, including awareness of current monitors, and participates as indicated
- Document all clinical interventions and workload statistic
- Complete monthly surveys of assigned nursing unit's medications rooms to ensure proper drug storage and expiration date monitoring
Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Education to meet certification, license or registration requirement
- Current registration and license from the Oregon State Board of Pharmacy
Preferred qualifications for this position includes:
- One (1) year of experience in Hospital pharmacist experience
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.