At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
The Sr. Manager, Project Development will be responsible for originating new business consistent with the growth strategy and goals of this development team. This role will work closely with multiple internal teams including engineering and construction, legal, and project finance departments, as well as external parties, to execute on a strategy to maximize the value and minimize the risk of AES DE projects. This position will utilize previously cultivated relationships and future networking to generate and maintain a robust pipeline of business. This position will lead project diligence, contract negotiation and be the lead interface between multiple AES departments through the project development process. This role requires experience negotiating Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), Membership Interest Purchase Agreements (MIPAs) and land leases.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintain an up to date knowledge base of policy in existing and developing solar and storage markets
- Manage MIPA negotiations for utility scale projects and project portfolios
- Manage diligence efforts prior to MIPA execution
- Source and develop new project acquisition opportunities and manage such acquisitions
- Coordinate with project finance team for purposes of evaluation of project and market financial metrics
- Lead project diligence
- Lead contract management through coordination with in-house and external counsel
- Coordinate with Engineering and Construction teams from project inception through project handoff
- Support financial analysis and evaluation of potential PV projects with the Development and Finance Teams using customized financial models.
- Coordinate strategy with management and business development team members
- 5+ years of previous related experience acquiring or selling PV or wind projects.
- Experience developing/acquiring projects with storage is preferred.
- Experience developing/acquiring utility scale projects is preferred.
- Experience with contract negotiation and project development.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in business or engineering
- Qualified candidates will have strong C-level relationships w/ multiple RE developers
- Advanced skills in all Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with developing and running financial models
- Experience utilizing CRM systems and developing metrics.
- Willing to travel and work outside of normal business hours. Anticipated travel is 20% of time.
- Highly organized; attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Comfortable managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
AES is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to building strength and delivering long-term sustainability through diversity and inclusion. Respecting all backgrounds, differences and perspectives enables us to improve the lives of our people, customers, suppliers, contractors, and the communities in which we live and work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, race, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. E-Verify Notice: AES will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.