Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world's largest publicly traded copper producers, the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Provide technical advice and guidance for all phases of Electrical Engineering projects. Develop Electrical Engineering projects utilizing new technology to constantly upgrade and improve site safety, efficiencies, cost controls, quality controls and protection of the environment.
- Manage projects and serve as subject matter expert (SME) on large/complex site planning/construction, expansion or modifications
- Provide guidance and counsel to the site management team on applicable processes, practices, and existing/proposed local, state and federal regulations
- Contribute to site strategic planning and budgeting efforts for designated Engineering areas
- Develop and evaluate AFE's (Authorization for Expenditure) for capital funding requests
- May evaluate and administer contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment
- May represent the site on company sponsored steering committees, task forces, or teams
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering discipline and five (5) years of related experience in Engineering or a related field, OR
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering discipline and three (3) years of related experience in Engineering or related field
- Working knowledge and experience in electronics, PLCs, radio communications and control systems
- Broad knowledge of the principles and practices of Electrical Engineering with an understanding of Mechanical and Process Engineering techniques
- Ability to research and analyze information of considerable difficulty and draw valid conclusions
- Skill in managing large/complex Engineering projects
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written
- Ability to evaluate and implement new methods and techniques for operational improvement
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Skill in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Extensive experience with Power systems engineering
- Ability to create models using SKM Software ( Arc Flash, Load Flow)
- Can support relay configuration and trouble shooting.
- Has a high level understanding of transformer maintenance including oil analysis
- Understanding of P&ID drawings and applications
- Understands the use of National Electrical Code, NETA, and IEEE.
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Work is in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects up to thirty (30) pounds during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.