APPLY USING THIS LINK:
https://sherwin.taleo.net/careersection/10/jobdetail.ftl?job=20000G2E&lang=enWELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS:
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow, and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
This position will be assigned to various production-related tasks, which includes product manufacturing, product filling, and shipping related functions. This position is responsible for assisting the production team to successfully achieve its goals and objectives.Major tasks include:
- Advocate and practice the principles of the Safety program.
- Participate in plant safety committee meetings and activities.
- Operate paint making control systems.
- Operate manufacturing equipment such as HSD’s, pumps, and valves.
- Operate packaging equipment such as robotics, filling machines, case packers, labelers, etc.
- Operate forklifts.
- Unload dry and liquid materials.
- Load trucks with finished goods.
- Monitor quality of the product in manufacturing and packaging areas to include OTMIS (off the mill in spec), cycles, fill levels, package appearance, fill weights, and raw material certificate of analysis.
- Use floor computers for reporting unsafe conditions, calling up order numbers, etc.
- Read and follow instructions in all areas of the production floor, manufacturing, packaging, shipping, receiving, etc.
- Participate in housekeeping activities that are indicative of a safe and clutter-free work environment.
- Must be able to read, write, comprehend, and communicate in English.
- Must have the legal right to work in the country of employment without needing sponsorship now or in the future for employment work visa status.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work overtime with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The successful candidate must also pass a pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen.
- One year of experience working with machinery in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Experience operating packaging equipment such as robotics, filling machines, case packers, labelers, etc. is preferred.
- Experience watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly is preferred.
- Experience monitoring the quality of raw materials or finished goods is preferred.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
- Night shift opportunities (6pm - 6:30am).
- 24/7 Operation with Alternating Schedules.
- Weekday and Weekend Off Days (Alternating 36 and 48 hour weeks).
- Additional $0.75 per hour Premium for working a night shift.
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus Opportunities.
** Days off during the week and alternating 3-day weekends **
About Sherwin Williams Global Supply Chain:
Sherwin-Williams has always been more than just our company name. We’re an organization built on the ideas, foresight and dedication of our people. In 1866, those people were founders Henry Sherwin and Edward Williams, who wanted to create a ready-to-use paint that could protect the homes and industrial machines just beginning to shape the United States – paints that delivered on their promises.
Today, Sherwin-Williams lives by a common goal: to delight our customers and protect the world around us – doing so as a team. We consider each other family, and ingrained in our culture is the desire to listen to each other and do what’s best for the business, customers and employees. We strive to achieve excellence in everything we do: we make products of the highest quality, we innovate, we compete at the highest level possible without sacrificing our ethics, and we get involved in our communities. Our 60,000 employees around the globe see to it that what we say is what we do – and that we work together to grow with integrity.