JOB TITLE: Physician Practice Administrative Operations Manager
The Physician Practice Administrative Operations Manager is responsible for the daily management and direction of the administrative and clinical services for their assigned division of medical practices. This leader will oversee and direct all aspects clinical operations as well as establish standard operating procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness across offices. The manager will supervise all clinical staff to ensure quality patient care and exemplary customer service is provided across facilities. This position will report directly to the VP of Clinical Operations.
- Oversees 10+ medical clinics
- Build and enhance working relationships between physicians, management team, corporate and clinical staff
- Manage, coach and train practice manager team to ensure all clinics have capable on-site leadership
- Monitor staffing and manage schedule to ensure coverage is sufficient at all times
- Develop budget and contribute to expense reduction strategies
- Ensure healthcare and commercial compliance of all State Regulatory Agencies (Certificate of Occupancy, CLIA, Pain Management Clinic Registration, etc.)
- Work closely with the IT department to ensure a seamless flow of technology such as EMR, Intergy, telephone and computer services, etc.
- Perform audits and reviews of department functions to hold team accountable to high-quality standards
HOURS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Our medical clinics are located in Florida and Texas. The job will be Monday thru Friday. Work hours will typically be 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (may be subject to change with clinic case load).
Hazards: Occasional contact with communicable diseases, electrical equipment, blood borne pathogens, etc.
Personal protective equipment: Provided if necessary (gowns, gloves, masks, head cover)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care Administration or related field
- 10 years progressive clinical management experience; 5 years medical office management
- Pain management experience preferred
- Clinical experience (medical assistant, Registered Nurse) preferred and helpful
- Expert in Microsoft Office and EMR systems
- Reliable transportation with ability to travel between clinics as assigned; occasional travel out-of-state may be required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of current healthcare clinic regulations and requirements
- Ability to safely operate a vehicle to travel between assigned locations. Valid state driver’s license.
- Possess research, definition, analysis development and documentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills—willing to go above and beyond to provide an outstanding patient experience
- Strong computer skills with experience working in CRM’s, EHR’s, Practice Management Systems, Excel and Microsoft Word
- Must have exceptional organizational skills and have the ability to set priorities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English. Additional languages preferred.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner-- able to counsel/teach customers, train co-workers, and positively contribute to marketing/public relations. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from patients, regulatory agencies, or members of the medical and business community.