L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Experienced professional with proficient knowledge of job area and practical knowledge of project management. May manage projects or processes with general supervision. Communicates with contacts inside and outside of own department to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures. Recommends enhancements to systems and processes. Works to achieve operational targets for specific programs and projects with moderate impact on departmental results.
- Prepare and writes process flows, control documentation, technical requirements, procedures, instruction manuals, user guides, and other supporting documents to communicate information across the organization.
- Develops, edits, and maintains technical documents such as manufacturing procedures, work instructions, maintenance procedures, service manuals, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to various audiences.
- Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production and developmental methods, referring to technical specifications, engineering drawings and illustrations, and trade journals.
- Organizes material and completes writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- May also be responsible for performing the development or improvement of production equipment, processes and methods.
- The typical cycle includes conceptualizing and developing prototypes as well as testing and perfecting designs.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience, or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience, or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- 4+ years' experience writing technical work instructions and creating documentation incorporating photo and graphics.
- 4+ years' experience in a manufacturing engineering role.
- Experience with SolidWorks or another 3D CAD program in a manufacturing or design environment.
- Knowledge of Lean tools & techniques and the ability to apply them in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Bill Of Materials (MBOM) structure.
- Ability to read and understand engineering and assembly drawings.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.