Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Plans at a strategic level and manages the effective use of team resources. Leads teams of technicians to design, develop, maintain, and implement large-scale, highly complex systems and projects supporting a business and/or technology area. Influences business and technology leaders to drive sound decision-making. Responsible for all aspects of human resource management of staff.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading the delivery and execution of solutions to challenging and multifaceted Production Operations problems.
- Drives the execution and delivery of team products and services.
- Responsible for advising, supervising, and delegating tasks for groups of Production Operations teams.
- Leads the coordination of resolution of complex topics. Interacts with internal product owners, vendors and other points of escalation the in the product area.
- Manages team(s) with responsibilities to configure, test, document and implement new or upgrades to major, highly complex Production Operations processes, controls or products as directed.
- Responsible for communicating status, strategic direction, and results of assigned work.
- Inspires use of automation products to increase availability and improve Production/Operations productivity. Other duties as assigned.
- Manages the configuration, testing, documentation and implementation of upgrades to Production Operations processes, controls or products as directed.
- Manages operational support and maintenance of Production Operations related processes, controls or products.
- Responsible for fulfilling IT audits for respective technologies. Ensures team compliance with IT standards, policies, and governance.
- Provides human resources management, including coaching, performance management, team development and growth, and workforce planning.
- Provides financial/budgetary oversight for team and set of responsibilities.
- Oversee, synthesize and present exhibits, results, observations, recommendations to business partners and senior management, including formal presentations.
- Design, prepare, evaluate and validate more complex internal and/or external asset and operational reports, both routine and ad-hoc, to support tactical and strategic business objectives. In addition, review and approve less complex reports and analyses prepared by others.
- Maintain general understanding of data sources and implications to reporting environment.
- Consult with business partners to recommend, develop and create overall asset and efficiency plan in conjunction with business plan and forecast for the organization (annual, ongoing and long term).
- Support supplier management, partnering with business partners in assessing risk, determining pricing, reviewing contracts, and monitoring results.
- Five years of Technology or Technology Operations experience required.
- Two years of experience managing others and/or technical teams required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, Finance or a related field preferred.
- Five years of technology support within Infrastructure, Technology Production/Operations preferred.
- Three years of experience managing others and/or technical teams preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical knowledge:
- Able to demonstrate technical expertise across multiple disciplines.
- Has solid working knowledge of capabilities and direction of various processes and technologies.
- Able to understand market and industry trends within areas of expertise.
- Possesses strong analytical skills in order to effectively influence recommendations and decision-making, assess impacts, compare solutions, problem solve, and achieve business and/or technical objectives.
- Fully understands how overall responsibilities fit within broader operational environment and has strong ability to influence technology recommendations for the organization.
- Communication skills:
- Strong written and oral communication at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Effective presentation skills used to influence decisions of leaders.
- Business knowledge and partnership:
- Able to demonstrate in-depth understanding of business and financial acumen.
- Able to actively influence customers and business partners to solve problems and ensures products and services are utilized effectively and efficiently.
- Able to provide solutions tailored to meet business objectives.
- Team orientation:
- Able to act as a change agent, leads and welcomes innovative ideas and drives continuous improvement and service optimization.
- Able to lead effective partnerships across the organization and is able to influence Senior Management, peers and subordinates through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities and knowledge.
- Able to balance organizational, team, and individual responsibilities. Leads team to be more balanced and be effective.
- Able to exhibit objective leadership and openness to other views.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Able to put success of organization and team above own interest.
- Accountable to drive cross-functional objectives and priorities and help form a vision for the future.
- Able to effectively influence across multiple teams, leaders, organizations, and/or enterprise.
- Able to demonstrate the thought leadership necessary to set broad technical direction and is able to communicate/articulate a clear vision.
- Able to exhibit the skills needed to be seen as a technical and process leader within the organization, independently resolves conflicts, and develops relationships outside the broader organization.
- Able to exhibit team leadership, provides guidance, feedback and coaching to direct reports.
- Strong ability to influence upward and lead others into 'new' ways of doing things.
- Ability to build and inspire a fully functioning team, proactively takes initiative to improve team and set high expectations.
- Able to provide leadership for functional objectives and priorities across multiple technologies, platforms and teams.
- Supports management decisions and acts as a change champion.
- Financial awareness:
- Should be well-versed in how budgets and chargebacks operate as related to designated technology.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Weekend, overnight, and holiday work hours occur on an as needed basis
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.