Master Data Steward (Remote)
Req ID #: 71919
USRoanoke, IL, US, 61561Shrewsbury, MA, US, 01545Charleston, SC, US, 29407Boston, MA, US, 02116Frederick, MD, US, 21701Baltimore, MD, US, 21224Charlotte, NC, US, 28203Morrisville, NC, US, 27560Wilmington, MA, US, 01887Horsham, PA, US, 19044Wayne, PA, US, 19087Malvern, PA, US, 19355Raleigh, NC, US, 27610
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
The MDM Data Steward will provide end to end support of CRL master data. This is a critical role in ensuring that our core operational data domains across applications are uniformly and efficiently defined with rules and processes developed and implemented to provide the foundation for master data quality. They will collaborate with the business to define data governance processes and workflow.
We are seeking aMaster Data Stewardfor our Corporate site locatedWilmington, MA.
The following are responsibilities related to theMaster Data Steward:
- Operationalize rules, definitions, and processes for all CRL Master Data
- Maintain knowledge, skills, and abilities with all CRL data technologies
- Master the knowledge, skills, and abilities for all CRL Master Data Management (MDM) technologies
- Implement and use MDM tools that support rules, definitions and processes
- Integrate rules, definitions, and processes with all MDM services
- Plan MDM activities in all relevant project plans and quality assuring implementations
- Work with the Operations team and being an effective team member
- Implement the process of ongoing improvement for master data
The following are minimum qualifications related to the Master Data Steward position:
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A/B.S.) or equivalent required:
- Experience: 2-3 years of IT solutions/application experience required. Life sciences industry experience preferred. Demonstrated experience in a technologically challenging environment.
- 1+ years SAP master data knowledge. Basic SQL programming for data profiling.
- Working experience with any MDM solutions like SAP, Reltio, Informatica
- Data migration knowledge
- Excellent excel working experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: Certifications that demonstrate technical ability desirable.
- Other: Must have good working knowledge of current data management IT technologies and practices, effective communication skills and strong interpersonal skills including influencing & aligning. Able to provide solutions to complex and difficult technical problems.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients' clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 80 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client's unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet