You are submitting your application for Phlebotomy positions that are open at Hillcrest Hospital. Once you apply, we will personally review your application to ensure that you meet the minimum qualifications and have completed the entire application. At that time, you may be contacted to discuss your experience. This way, we can be sure that the job you apply for is the perfect fit for you.
Open shifts as of 11.6.2020 are below:
Part Time Days - shifts are 4am to 8am or 4am to 12:30pm, will be required to work every other weekend!
Perform all patient service and required blood and sample collection/tracking/transport/processing for all patient groups.
- Performs blood collection procedures and related tasks.
- Verifies order requests and identifying information prior to drawing blood or collecting the specimen/kit to be tested by analytical staff.
- Labels all specimens collected and delivers them to the appropriate processing area.
- Follows venipuncture procedures and maintains appropriate log sheets.
- Greets patients warmly and professionally at check in or when they present to outpatient lab desks or when entering a patient's room and completes test request entry and specimen receipt using lab computer.
- Performs specimen processing and sends out tasks including accessioning, centrifugation and packaging for transport when necessary for all specimen types.
- Communicates essential information to appropriate personnel.
- Actively promotes effective communication flow both within and outside of the department.
- Picks up and delivers blood, other sample types, and lab supplies to appropriate areas.
- Provides a positive customer service rapport and interacts in a pleasant, courteous and cordial manner with co-workers and patients at all times.
- Participates in team discussions, provide problem solving ideas and contribute to quality improvement goals.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Formal phlebotomy certification preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Trouble shooting and problem solving skills in a team environment is essential.
- Effectively operate in a flexible work environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to excel in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Technical proficiency; standard procedures, techniques and common practices required.
- Requires frequent and long durations of standing and walking.
- Visual acuity including the ability to distinguish colors.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to manipulate blood drawing equipment and make measurements.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: Phlebotomy, Phlebotomist, venipuncture, blood specimen, blood sample
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities