Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Preferred locations include: Boston MA, Raleigh/Durham NC, Austin TX, Dallas TX, North Castle, NY, Remote
The Security Operational Services (SOS) team from IBM's Enterprise and Technology Security is looking to hire onto our development squad. SOS creates custom applications as part of a platform designed to meet compliance needs for IBM's Cloud Software as a Service offerings. SOS provides a number of standard externally available compliance tools (SIEM, Vulnerability Scanning, Identity Management, Patch and Health checking, AV, 2FA and Inventory) in an integrated portal that is developed in house. SOS also develops other solutions as needed to meet the needs of our customers.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for development and operations (DevOps) works on container platform
- Support and maintain farms of highly available container platform
- Investigate, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify production issues reported by monitoring systems and customers
- Develop and maintain tools used in investigating production and operational problems
- Maintain CI/CD pipeline and development tools which includes container-based application deployment
- Build automation for manual processes to pursue for operations excellence
- Provide technical support on customer request and enquiry
- Help promote and improve development and operational standards by collaborating and working alongside with global development team
- Connect and work closely with global development team for application deployment cycle and production issues related to applications
- Required to take on-call responsibilities together with global team on a 24*7 basis to keep the service up and running
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Hands-on experience in Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker and Container registry. Cloud Kubernetes such as IBM Cloud Kubernetes/OpenShift (IKS/ROKS) a plus
- Experience in operations and Linux administration (Redhat, Ubuntu).
- Experience with container-based and application deployment by using CICD (Git, Jenkins, Travis, UCD, etc.)
- Experience with automation orchestration tooling (Ansible, Chef, etc.)
- Experience monitoring and alerting tools like NewRelic, Prometheus, Grafana, PagerDuty, etc.
- Programming experience with Golang, Java, Python and Bash/shell.
- Experience managing and remediating system security issues such as vulnerabilities and compliant problem which rides on different security framework / standards / best practices (CIS/ITSS ... etc)
- Experience working and collaborating with global teams across multiple geographies
- Familiar with Browser testing and debugging for front end developer.
- IaaS Cloud technology
- Agile development and DevOps practices
- Disaster Recovery practices
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experienced on Git
- Familiar with IBM Cloud Platform architecture and components (Resource Controller, IAM, BSS, OSS) is a plus.
- Experience on sql(db2) and nosql db(mongodb)
- Knowledge on CI/CD e.g. travis or jenkins
- Experience on Swagger
- Experience with security tools like Qradar, Tenable.sc, Vault is a plus
- Experience with open sources technologies is a plus
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.