At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Location: East Coast preferred (New York, Washington, DC or Boston) preferred, but flexible.
Do you love storytelling in creative ways on different channels? Are you an expert at taking complex ideas and communicating them simply and clearly? Do you have phenomenal media relationships in business and tech that you have used to place needle-moving stories?
We are looking for an expert communications professional to join our team as a Communications & Media Relations Leader, supporting our Global Markets team focused on industries.
We're interested in candidates who have experience driving technology and business earned media by vertical industries such as Auto, Industrial Products, Energy/Environment/Utilities.
To be successful, you should come to work having a "sleeves rolled up" attitude and possess strong writing and presentation skills. You should demonstrate sound abilities in working closely with C-level executives, as well as actively cultivating mutually-beneficial relationships with media and other influencers. We want you to be a passionate storyteller; someone who's just as comfortable working independently as with cross-company, multi-disciplinary teams in order to get things done.
- Serve as a trusted communications advisor to senior executives, developing and executing earned media communications campaigns.
- Develop written storytelling content including pitches, blog posts, press announcements, social-media content, and external presentations.
- Identify, advise on, and execute high visibility executive speaking opportunities.
- Focus on telling the IBM story around AI and Cloud aligned to industries and through vertical media outlets.
- Collaborate with business and marketing team leads on content creation, new product and thought leadership initiatives, to drive integrated earned media communications programs.
- Place media stories on IBM innovations and IBM executives that demonstrates technology and business leadership in national top-tier business and consumer media. As well as vertical technology and industry trade media.
- Partner with corporate communications and extended teams (employee communications, analyst relations, global teams) and others to maintain cohesive messaging in support of IBM's global strategy.
- Monitor and measure reach and share-of-voice of media campaigns.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 8+ years in media relations, communications, or similar experience. Exceptional writing ability.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated success in working with high-level executives to achieve communications and business outcomes
- Ability to synthesize complex technologies, products, and market challenges
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.