At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
At IBM, Technical Solution Architects work to understand needs and then create complex high-quality solutions that make meaningful impacts. You'll be responsible for overall leadership and delivery of the solutions from requirement through implementation. You'll use your in-depth knowledge of leading-edge products and technologies along with industry and business skills to influence outcomes. This role is specifically focused on Azure Red Hat OpenShift (ARO) global solution architecture which will require providing global structure and scaleable blueprints for ARO delivery and execution while providing geography and sector teams with the SME to design to-be infrastructures and application platforms & environments on Red Hat OpenShift to address client requirements with global impact. Analyzing use case scenarios against offerings you will establish product management requirements for standard use of and need for ARO. This includes defining basic Cloud Native Architecture, deployment models, and logical and physical design specifications for OpenShift including storage and networking specifications, application design, migration & modernization requirements, and governance for management service hand off. You should be able to demonstrate infrastructure and application migration and modernization as code and infuse automation through tools relevant for each stage of ARO architectural advise, move, and build stages.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 2+ years hands-on experience with Azure architecture delivery
• 2+ years experience in delivering migration strategy, migration tools, migration network requirement, application, database and integration component migration pathways
• 3+ years experience in architecting solutions using Agile methodologies for migration and modernization of OpenShift environments inclusive of microservices, dev/sec/ops, container based applications & databases, middleware, infrastructure across hybrid cloud platforms
• 3+ years experience in decoupled and microservices architectures
• 5+ years experience in distributed systems, databases and / or search engines
• 5+ years experience with hybrid integrations and API experience, with expertise in MuleSoft, Apigee, IBM APIC or equivalent frameworks
• 5+ years experience with J2EE Platforms: JBOSS, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, WAS
• Azure Associate Certification
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to present to C-level executives (CIO, CEO, CTO, CISO, etc.) as well as to technical experts
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Ready to take up 25% travel
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.