*Job Description:* Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, [Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient](http://Leidos is a Fortune 500â¢ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the worldâs most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.).
Our [Civil Group](http://https://www.leidos.com/company/our-business/civil) offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
Key Programs and/or Capabilities:
* [Antarctic Support Contract (ASC)](http://https://www.leidos.com/insights/antarctic-support-contract-asc)
* Large Infrastructure
* Mission Support
* [Digital Modernization](http://https://www.leidos.com/competencies/digital-modernization)
* Command & Control
* Mission Applications
* [Energy and Environment](http://https://www.leidos.com/insights/50th-anniversary-energy-environment)
* Engineering Services
Leidos is looking for an experienced information technology (IT) project manager to lead our project team in maintaining an exceptional level of service in customer support for computing and network services, cyber security management, telecommunications, and database and systems administration at the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Environmental Management site in Piketon, OH. Leidos is responsible for providing these services to our prime contractor and teaming partners as well as other U.S. Department of Energy prime contractors on site.
*This position is an on-site position and requires an active DoD TS or DOE Q to be considered.*
The Portsmouth Gaseous Diffusion Plant was operated from 1954 to 2001 to produce enriched uranium, initially for the nation’s nuclear weapons program and later for nuclear fuel for commercial power plants. DOE's Office of Environmental Management began its environmental cleanup program at the site in 1989 and the effort continues today in cooperation with the U.S. and Ohio Environmental Protection Agencies. Decontamination and decommissioning (D&D) of the plant commenced in 2011 and is ongoing.
The project manager is accountable cost, schedule, and technical performance of the contract scope of work for IT support services performed by the Leidos team and is Leidos’ point-of-contact with our prime contractor to solve management and technical matters and resolve contract-level issues. A high level of performance is required to be able to meet the Department of Energy standards and expectations for information technology operations.
* The project manager is accountable cost, schedule, and technical performance of the contract scope of work for IT support services performed by the Leidos team and is Leidos’ point-of-contact with our prime contractor to solve management and technical matters and resolve contract-level issues. A high level of performance is required to be able to meet the Department of Energy standards and expectations for information technology operations.
* Maintain efficient and effective operation of the IT department in alignment with the business objectives of the whole organization.
* Provide supervision for four direct reports.
* Collaborate with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions and cyber security requirements for all aspects of the organization.
* Implement existing IT and cyber-related policies, procedures, and best practices and recommend changes and additions as needed to improve operations and meet all IT and cyber-related requirements defined in the contract.
* Lead the IT team in operational and strategic planning, innovation, project planning, and organizing and negotiating resource allocation.
* Stay up-to-date on all applicable Federal and Department of Energy (DOE) regulations and provide interpretation to the site.
* Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and Office Automation equipment.
* Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
* Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
* Oversee the Cyber Security and Help Desk Departments as they support a population in excess of 1400 users at the DOE site.
* Collaborate with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
* Remain conversant with the industry’s computer security technology and practices.
* Manage financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
* Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
* Approve and oversee projects and project portfolio.
* Develop requests for proposal.
* Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer and consultant contracts and service agreements.
* Manage IT hardware, software and equipment assets.
* Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
* Maintain a safe working environment through awareness and implementation of applicable environmental, safety, and health (ES&H) requirements for the IT team.
* This job operates in a professional office environment using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. It requires the use of company-provided personal protection equipment when required.
*Required Education and Experience*
* Bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ experience.
* A minimum of 2 years of experience in managing end-user support, help desk, and technical teams.
* Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
* Strong drive to provide customer satisfaction and success with demonstrable examples.
* Effective in a team environment.
* Clearly experienced in achieving task and project deadlines under stressful situations.
* Must meet physical capacity requirements as determined by the Occupational Medical Provider.
*Required Certificates, Licenses, Training and DOE Security Clearance:*
* Formal training on Cisco network hardware and software with demonstrated success managing systems.
*Preferred Education and Experience*
* Master’s degree in business or information technology.
* DOE site experience.
* Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) Certification (any) Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification (any) PMP Certification
* SANS Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC)
* Security +
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
*Current DOE-Q or active DOD TS clearance*
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on [LinkedIn ](http://https://www.linkedin.com/company/leidos/)and [Facebook](http://https://www.facebook.com/LeidosInc/).
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting [External Referral Program](http://https://www.leidos.com/careers/erp), and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “[World's Most Ethical Companies](http://https://www.worldsmostethicalcompanies.com/honorees/)” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus: Ineligible *Potential for Telework:* No *Clearance Level Required:* DOE Q *Travel:* Yes, 25% of the time *Scheduled Weekly Hours:* 40 *Shift:* Day *Requisition Category:* Manager *Job Family:* Technology Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit [www.Leidos.com](http://www.Leidos.com).
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available [here](https://www.leidos.com/careers/pay-benefits).
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [firstname.lastname@example.org](mailto:email@example.com).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.