At Charles River, we have embarked on an exciting journey, one that will create a new paradigm for preclinical research and development. Every step of the way we are becoming a digitally-enabled partner that integrates unrivaled expertise, seamless offerings, and digital delivery to enable our customers to accelerate the development of high-quality medicines for patients. We are looking for top talent to use innovation and collaboration to drive customer success and bring the digital experience to life.
We are seeking aSoftware Engineerfor ourCorporate sitelocated inWilmington, MA (Remote).
The following are responsibilities related to theSoftware Engineerposition:
Responsible for transforming designs and the product vision into working web applications and will directly influence how users interact with our systems. Coordinates the work of developers in a squad. Stays on top of fast changing technology and invests a lot of energy in learning new capabilities. Knowledgeable on industry trends in web development and aware of what the near future will bring. A love for clean interfaces and a passion for great user experiences.
• Lead and coordinate the analysis, design, development, implementation, integration and documentation of highly complex web based software systems and social media based solutions.
• Build applications according to the design and provide designers with feedback and suggest tradeoffs when required
• Understands the business of domain and actively works with users to lead in the integration of business applications with web and social media based platforms.
• Ensure code follows the latest best practices and industry standards
• Work closely with other developers to understand and properly use the system's APIs
• Write both unit and integration tests, and develop automation tools for daily tasks
• Challenge ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
• Lead and direct users to provide appropriate information, facilitating change where required.
• Lead in training to provide effective knowledge transfer for all projects.
• Work closely with users, other computing personnel and, where necessary, suppliers of computer systems to identify/isolate software problems and faults.
• Lead investigations and appraisals of computer hardware, software and associated products for company use.
• Ensure work is compliant with applicable guidelines and regulations (e.g., SOX, SOP, GLP, GMP, etc.).
• Contribute to the development of new principles and concepts.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
• Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in computer science or related discipline.
• Experience: Minimum of 7 years related experience in web development. Experience in agile development required.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Programming experience with languages such as C#, PHP and technical experience building solutions for Drupal content management system and the Acquia platform.
• Understanding of RESTful APIs and how to use them in practice
• Knowledge of object-oriented programing
• Ability to write effective unit, integration, and end user automated tests
• Strong understanding of Agile methodologies and use of Application Lifecycle Management tools
• Experience as a developer on a cross functional agile team
• Certification/Licensure: None.
• Must have well-developed leadership skills and strong interpersonal skills including influencing & aligning.
• Able to apply extensive advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts to solve highly complex and unusual problems.
• Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts and align organization on decisions
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients' clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 80 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client's unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.