Under the direction of a registered nurse, physician, optometrist and/or podiatrist, performs patient care activities and completes required documentation for patients of all ages.
- Performs patient care for patients of all ages and documents patient care as per policy and guidelines.
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Provides education and information to patients and family members.
- Provides minor maintenance and restocking of equipment.
- Maintains professional growth and development within nursing field.
- Participates in quality initiative and process.
- Participates in the departmental orientation of new employees in a positive manner, shares knowledge, experiences, and provides guidance when assigned.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at all times.
- Adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as outlined by JCAHO.
- Follows Code Blue protocol as per Clinic Policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of Practical Nursing.
- Current Ohio License as an LPN M-IV or LPN Meds certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate actions in volatile situations.
- Two years of patient care experience.
- Requires full body motion to move and lift patients, manual finger dexterity with good hand-eye coordination, involves extensive standing walking and occasional lifting.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
- Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities