Performance Monitoring & Visualization Engineer I develops, deploys, maintains, and supports complex custom and
vendor applications and systems. The
position focuses on making information accessible and usable across the
enterprise through information systems engineering including application
development, network monitoring systems, data management, automation, and
Essential Duties of All Levels in the Position: Providing and supporting enterprise
network/service performance/fault monitoring and management for a
telecommunication and services provider, providing data & geo analytics
solutions for a variety of datasets, as well as process automation supporting
business workflows such as regulatory compliance, network change management,
and other mission critical processes.
Job Qualifications at All Levels:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Written and verbal communications skills,
including the ability to explain extremely technical concepts to non-technical
- Working as part of a team.
- Decision making, problem solving both technical
- Prioritization and focusing on the bottom line.
- Computer/Network Systems experience.
- Programming experience highly valued.
- Telecommunications Experience highly valued.
- Network/systems monitoring and management (NMS)
experience highly valued.
- Data Management experience highly valued.
Additional Job Requirements:
This is an entry level position for the engineering professional. Must be competent at preforming
tasks/engineering calculation for further review by senior staff. Completes
tasks on time and within budget.
Essential Duties for this position:
- Maintain & enhance applications as assigned.
- Work on smaller moderately complex tasks in
support of a project that requires a single area of expertise.
- Increased skill in single technical environment
and knowledge of a specific business area.
- Develops API integrations as needed.
- Perform ongoing routine application maintenance
tasks and identify automation opportunities.
- Assist with the identification, creation, and
maintenance of test data.
- Support Applications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in Telecommunications or Computer
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Working knowledge of one or more programming
- Advanced SQl queries and data model and
- Comfort with frequent incremental code testing
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time
- Minimum of one-year experience in the relevant
- Experience within a telecommunications or like
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science,
Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or related field is required.
- Or, in addition to minimum experience required;
a combination of relevant work experience and/or education sufficient to
perform the duties of the job may substitute to meet the total years required
on a year-for-year basis.
- Certifications: Industry specific certifications
highly valued and may contribute toward education
Primarily sedentary office work with some travel to remote locations
across the state of Alaska and Washington where indoor and outdoor work may be
required. Physical effort may include
stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing,
pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, using hand tools and
repetitive motions. Clarity of vision to
see near, mid-range, and color. Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
Working Conditions: Standard office environment, occasional
travel in rural Alaska, some outside work required. Qualified candidate must be
able to occasionally work in cramped spaces and at heights, primarily inside
and outside of remote GCI and customer facilities. Ability to tolerate
temperature and weather extremes (fumes and odors, dust, low light conditions,
The company and its subsidiaries operate in a 24/7
environment providing critical services to Alaskans and may need to respond to
public health and safety matters or other business emergencies. Due to business
needs employees may be contacted outside of the normal business hours to
respond to the immediate emergency. You will be requested to provide an
emergency after hours contact numbers.
Driving Requirements (if applicable): Must possess and
maintain a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and a satisfactory
EEO: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or another characteristic
protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above
information on this description has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities,
and qualification required of employees assigned to this job.