At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
At AES, we’re accelerating the future of energy, together, while transforming customer experience and delivering unique customer products and solutions. We are looking for a Senior Analyst, Analytics & Market Intelligence. The role will drive new customer insights by leveraging data, systems and tools available in the market and across AES’ portfolio. By using data to understand and predict customer behavior, the Market Intelligence Analyst will provide key inputs to AES’ go-to-market strategies and will help inform the development of product offerings for key customer segments.
- Analyze and visualize commercial data to drive customer insights and inform commercial product and structuring opportunities
- Propose new areas of commercial/customer value opportunity, potentially leading to new customer strategies and/or new business models
- Prepare communications materials for executive audiences, using data visualization and storytelling through data
- Leverage data to develop and enhance AES’ go to market strategies including addressable market, segmentation, targets and commercial kpi’s
- Evaluate competitor positions and competitive pressures in our markets to drive solutions and strategies
- Coordinate and collaborate with other commercial team members to explore and promote innovative ideas
- Establish strong partnerships, collaboration, and influence with business area stakeholders
- Obtain and coordinate resources, establish accountability, and help ensure timely delivery of commitments
- Undergraduate/Graduate Degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, the sciences or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role leveraging strong analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to support concepts and assess a thesis using data.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to see the big picture and contribute to strategy development while also working at the detail level.
AES is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to building strength and delivering long-term sustainability through diversity and inclusion. Respecting all backgrounds, differences and perspectives enables us to improve the lives of our people, customers, suppliers, contractors, and the communities in which we live and work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, race, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. E-Verify Notice: AES will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.