At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
At AES, we’re accelerating the future of energy, together, while transforming the customer experience and delivering unique customer products and solutions. We are looking for a Senior Analyst, Fundamentals. The position will work on the team responsible for developing the company's view via comprehensive analysis of North American energy markets. This includes developing and maintaining long term forecasts for traded hub energy prices, basis prices, ancillary services, capacity, REC and emission allowance prices. Systematic analysis and regular internal broadcasts of short- and long-term production, supply, and demand will also be critical deliverables. The team’s fundamental forecasts and long-term views will drive investment decisions for new renewable projects (wind, solar, battery, etc.), hedging activity, and the development of corporate strategy in North America.
• Contribute to and support the Fundamentals & Markets team responsible for fundamental market modeling and analysis to support new project development and active management of current portfolio of assets.
• With the Manager, Fundamentals & Markets, and other team members, develop short- and long-term market views for power and gas markets. Incorporate the corporation’s internal global scenarios for long-term modeling of markets. Collaborate with team and larger SBU groups to ensure long-term market assessment approaches are consistent with the larger corporate approach.
• Respond timely to ad-hoc analysis requests from the Marketing & Origination and Trading teams.
• Follow business development pipelines and manage all requests related to merchant energy, recs, capacity, and transmission/interconnect forecasts for projects and ISOs.
• Maintain strong relationship with key internal stakeholders including business development, global middle office, commercial and front office for all market analysis activity.
• Collaborate with and support the Competitive Business Intelligence function, including analysis of competitors’ activities and potential impact on the SBU.
• Collaborate with and support the Analytics and Market Intelligence function, including analysis of ISO, industry, legislative and regulatory developments and potential impact on SBU.
• Contribute to and own select segments of ongoing daily, weekly and monthly market reporting and analysis activities to support trading activities in term, congestion and RECs.
• Contribute to and internally publish regular systematic assessments of all relevant fundamentals where the business unit has exposure or is considering new business.
• With team, drive fundamentals modeling infrastructure development, common modeling frameworks, task-level initiatives and business-wide strategies.
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematic, Engineering or the sciences, or equivalent.
• Advanced degree and/or certifications in an analytic discipline and data analysis preferred.
• 4+ years of experience in power and gas market analysis and modeling
• Good knowledge of US power markets: PJM, ERCOT, SPP, MISO, NYISO, ISO-NE, and CAISO.
• Good understanding of North American gas markets and infrastructure including production, pipelines, storage, and demand.
• Extensive Power modeling skills and experience with tools such as PROMOD, AURORA, etc.
• Experience managing dynamic work flow and multiple projects.
• Excellent written, spoken, and presentation communication skills.
• Flexible and adaptable commercial agility; ability to reorder critical analysis projects based on new commercial requirements, under tight deadlines and sometimes changing requirements.
• Strong organizational skills.AES is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to building strength and delivering long-term sustainability through diversity and inclusion. Respecting all backgrounds, differences and perspectives enables us to improve the lives of our people, customers, suppliers, contractors, and the communities in which we live and work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, race, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. E-Verify Notice: AES will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: