This position is responsible for providing direct clinical behavioral health and/or substance use services to child, adolescent, adult and/or geriatric patients and families. Services include: group therapy, family therapy, individual therapy, psychoeducation, discharge planning and coordinating with community, government and/or other behavioral health agencies for aftercare services.
1. Adhere to respective Board mandated professional development and CEU requirements needed to maintain active provisional licensure.
2. Demonstrate screening and assessment skills needed to obtain essential information from patients, their families, or collateral sources to develop person-centered care and discharge plans.
3. Document and communicate key information needed to collaborate with physicians and interdisciplinary treatment team to develop individualized and developmentally appropriate care and discharge plans. Provides rational for prioritization and/or deferment of problems.
4. Display proficiency in providing therapeutic interventions to families, individuals, and groups. Offer specialized treatment interventions such as sexual offender therapy, play therapy, EMDR, or other if certified/credentialed to do so.
5. Demonstrate proficiency in clinical documentation to include development of care plan goals, objectives, and intervention strategies.
6. Demonstrate effective ongoing observations and reassessment of patient and/or family needs and responses to treatment interventions to ensure appropriateness of care and discharge plans.
7. Adhere to all HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2 regulations to maintain patient/family rights to confidentiality while striving to provide sensitive, respectful and compassionate customer service at all times.
8. Adhere to all clinical documentation requirements in an accurate and timely manner.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Licensure, and Certification:
-Masters degree in a behavioral health or human services related field required.
-Current independent licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Clinical Alcohol & Drug Counselor (LCADC) in the state of Kentucky required within 45 days of hire.
-Able to complete Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) training and able to perform BLS techniques required.
-Able to complete Safe Crisis Management (SCM) training and perform SCM techniques required.
-A minimum of four years of clinical experience in a behavioral health or human service setting required.