Currently recruiting Pharmacy Technicians to work in the outpatient pharmacy at Naval Medical Center's Branch Medical Clinic at Temecula, California. The Pharmacy Technicians will work in a fast-paced setting working 8 hours shifts, days, between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, serving active duty military, their families, and retired military personnel.
DUTIES OF THE PHARMACY TECHNICIAN:
• Perform a full range of pharmacy technician procedures.
• Perform pharmaceutical dispensing duties including filling new outpatient prescriptions, refilling prescriptions, and entering orders into databases.
• Perform information consultation duties including supporting new and refill prescriptions, supporting patient requests, supporting physician’s requests, monitoring for drug interactions, and reporting adverse drug reactions.
• Perform quality improvement duties including performing drug storage inspection, reviewing expired supplies, and producing error and workload reports and documentation.
• Perform supply process duties including assisting with new orders, stocking/restocking shelves, inventory maintenance, producing stock reports.
• Utilize pharmacy computer and robotic systems in accordance with hospital protocols.
• Prepare inpatient medications including compound sterile preparations.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE PHARMACY TECHNICIAN:
• Possess and maintain a current certification and registration by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
• Be a graduate from a Pharmacy Technician program accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), OR successful completion of a formal pharmacy technician training program (i.e., a technical, hospital, or retail-based program) OR a formal pharmacy technician training program of the US military.
• Possess a minimum of 1 year of full-time experience after graduation as a Pharmacy Technician.
• U.S. Citizen (required to access Gov't computer systems
• Current CPR/BLS
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
• Competitive salary and benefits
• 17 days paid vacation per year!
• 10 paid Federal holidays
• Health & Welfare allowance mostly covers health insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
• Dental and Vision insurance plans