The Volvo Car Automotive Technician Career Program is designed to recruit and train experienced automotive technicians and military Veteran mechanics. Automotive technician or military Veteran mechanic candidates become brand-certified Volvo Car Automotive Technicians with dealerships that are immediately hiring. Automotive technicians and military Veteran mechanics must meet requisite qualifications, experience and capability requirements. This includes attending a four-week long in-resident instruction and certification course upon being hired with a Volvo dealership.
This employment opportunity is a U.S. Department of Labor and GI Bill® Approved Apprenticeship Program, which means that eligible Veteran mechanics may use their GI Bill® Benefits to obtain a monthly stipend (based on DOD BAH rates) for their entire first year of employment with Volvo.
- Automotive technicians or military Veteran mechanics will perform assigned work as outlined on repair orders with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnosing the cause of malfunctions and performing repairs, if authorized by dealership service advisors.
- Coordinating with the Parts Department to ensure availability of parts.
- Saving and tagging parts if under warranty or if requested by Service Consultants (for customers).
- Examining the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Notifying Service Advisors if additional work is needed or if repairs/work cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Documenting work performed as directed by Service Advisors.
- Road testing vehicles to ensure quality of repair and ensuring vehicles remain clean.
- Automotive technicians or military Veteran mechanics are responsible for keeping abreast of factory technical bulletins and attending factory-sponsored training classes.
- Keeping the Volvo dealership shop area neat and clean and remaining accountable for all tools used.
- Understanding and complying with federal, state and local regulations, such as safety requirements, hazardous waste disposal, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other policies, procedures and programs as required.
- Automotive technicians at Volvo dealerships are required to wear appropriate PPE, to include safety glasses. Maintaining safety awareness at all times.
- The Volvo Automotive Technician will be required to work closely with others or independently, if needed.
- Dealership uniforms are required.
- Automotive technician or military Veteran mechanics mush have the ability to pass the following pre-employment screening requirements with the hiring dealership (drug screening, credit score, motor vehicle record report and a background investigation)
- Automotive technician or military Veteran mechanic candidates must provide the hiring dealership a minimum of three work references, with current contact information.
- Experienced Automotive Technician Candidates (Non-Veterans) must meet the following qualifications:
- Graduate from an accredited Automotive Vocational Program, at minimum of one-year duration within the past five years; Transcripts are required.
- Have at least 3-5 years of experience working as an automotive technician in an automotive dealership service department.
- Military Veteran mechanic candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- An Honorable Discharge from the United States Military and the ability to provide proof of service and discharge if applicable.
- Formal military schooling in a technical field such as mechanical, power generation, aviation maintenance, electrical, electronics, hydraulic systems, or other parallel technical specialized skills; Must be able to provide proof of technical training and job designation.
- Completion of an Automotive Technology certificate or degree program from an accredited Vocational School or College
Apply online at: volvocartechs.com
For Additional information contact:
US Army (Retired)
Technical Recruiter III
CALIBRE Systems, Inc.