This position is responsible and accountable for total unit/s operations on a 24-hour basis to include fiscal management, staff development, and resource management with the ultimate goal of achieving quality and safe patient care.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Supervises assigned professional, technical, and clerical staff of the department to ensure the quality of work.
- Manages the workflow of the unit to ensure the delivery of quality patient care.
- Implements and supports quality improvement activities for the department.
- Develops staffing patterns and ensures availability of sufficient qualified staff to meet patient care needs.
- Works to develop and retain highly skilled and well-rounded staff including hiring, orienting, training, directing work, evaluating performance and assuring clinical competency.
- Contributes to the effective management of the department including supplies, equipment, space, technology, policies and procedures
- Contributes to the financial viability of the organization including managing productivity and budgeting process.
- Maintains effective working relationships, communication and collaborative decision making with medical staff, other departments, leaders, staff and others.
- Assists the organization in maintaining and achieving its goals related to licensure, regulatory, and accreditation standards.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competence.
- Responsible for accurate and timely delivery of various reports including staff schedules, payroll, labor productivity, IRIS and others as assigned.
- Participates in community activities on behalf of the organization.
Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred): Graduate of state approved school of nursing. Registered nurse in the state of Kentucky. Position requires a Kentucky/Compact State licensed Registered Nurse, BSN required. Masters preferred.
Experience (required and preferred): 3 years RN experience including 3 years in management. BLS required. Please see attached grid for additional certification requirements.