Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Rentals Supervisor is responsible for supplying our guests with our premier rental equipment and promoting world-class guest service through each rental/retail transaction. They will bepart of a cohesive team with pride, productivity, and professionalism. They will model and adhere to policies and guidelines and will work to maintain the operational and merchandising standards of the company.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Execute daily operations by opening and/or closing retail/rental outlets, including filling front-line employee positions as necessary, especially during non-peak periods.
- Serves customers by establishing rapport, building customer confidence, providing accurate information, and promoting product through point of successful sale.
- Act as a mentor who can train and lead the rental technician team.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate professionally to staff and guests. Respond and engage with customer suggestions, complaints, and recognition.
- Promote product in line with customer's expressed needs.
- Ensure pricing is accurate and current, including any and all promotions.
- Fit boots, skis, snowboards, helmetsand/or poles to each guest.
- Adhere to all policies, rules, and regulations of Vail Resorts.
- Create and maintain a productive and safe work environment, including implementing and retaining all company mandated safety-related training and assessments.
- Ensure all retail/rental locations are clean, have updated materials, and present a professional appearance to our guests, staff, and purveyors.
- Manage administrative needs for the retail/rental employees.
- Develop, adhere to, and role model the company's mission, vision, and values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Retail sales and customer service, outdoor sporting goods experience - Preferred.
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience in a customer service environment - Preferred.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years old - Required.
- Professionalism and strong guest service skills, attention to detail and timeliness.
- Flexible schedule required during peak times throughout the year. Must be willing to work evenings, holidays and weekends - Required.
- Previous snow sports rental experience - Preferred.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Basic computer skills with the ability to learn the register
- High level of interpersonal skills to ensure: teamwork, high level guest contact, and commitment to guest service.
- Must demonstrate ability to receive and give direction and act upon it.
- Must be mechanically inclined with the ability to use hand toolsandpower tools ona daily basis.
- Willing to become certified byski binding manufacturers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and guests in English.
- Ability to comprehend and apply specific company designed methods and protocol.
- Friendly, personable, and comfortable working with people.
- Weight Lifted - At least 50lbs
- Lifting Frequency - Frequent
- Standing Frequency - Frequent
- Walking Frequency - Frequent
- Reaching - Frequent
- Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, Crawl - Frequent
- Work indoors and outdoors
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote...Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We're famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
No transportation? Don't want to make the drive? No problem! We have an employee shuttle that runs EVERYDAY from South Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood, free of cost! We encourage all employees who don't want to make the commute themselves to jump on the shuttle, sit back and relax, on their way to work! If you would prefer to drive AND want to make some extra cash, you will definitely want to participate in our Employee Carpool Program! Make up to $25.00 a DAY just for driving your fellow employees to work!
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 251812