Job Location:Cordova Mall
Job DescriptionPRIMARY PURPOSE:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide a structured learning environment for the first year of employment. The Specialty Leasing Associate (SLA) will learn to locate, evaluate and develop potential local leasing tenants and income-generating opportunities for shopping center properties (both common area and temporary in-line), negotiate Lease Agreements to achieve the financial objectives of the properties, refer prospective tenants for approval, and coordinate Short-term Leasing administration and tenant presentation. The incumbent will have oversight responsibility for multiple properties as assigned.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
1. Locate, identify and evaluate potential Specialty Leasing (SL) tenants and other income sources for shopping center properties in both common area and in-line vacancies.
• Develop and implement plan to include regularly attending trade shows, review publications and canvass the area to identify retailers and other potential income generating tenants.
• Develop and maintain relationships with prospective SL tenants and existing mall tenants.
• Network with area leasing representatives and industry associates.
• Identify and develop new leasable locations in the common area.
1. Negotiate Lease Agreements:
• Establish SL rent guidelines and income objectives for properties based on analysis of sales, permanent leases and income goals of the property.
• Negotiate Lease Agreements and submit tenant information, terms, locations and use clause for approval.
• Generate SL income for assigned properties to achieve assigned SL financial goals.
• Ensure maximum occupancy and minimum downtime occurs.
• Support in-line leasing efforts by assisting in identifying, developing local tenants into potential permanent tenants.
1. Report to and work with the Specialty Leasing Manager to achieve property and overall SL program goals.
• Submit regular weekly reports to identify deal making, forecasting, revenue goal achievement and other program implementation status.
• Assist Vice President – Specialty Leasing and Specialty Leasing Manager in identifying and completion of SL national tenant deals.
• Assist in identifying potential new multiple-mall and national tenants. Refer prospect to Specialty Leasing Manager or directly to other Simon Property Group properties.
1. Coordinate SL-related administrative duties with Mall Managers and other Property Management staff.
• Coordinate completion of Lease Agreements, SL program administration and SL tenant setup.
• Monitor rent collection, income transmittals, sales reporting and the accurate processing of Lease Agreements.
• Monitor monthly and quarterly property and Home Office SL income and expense reports.
1. Assist Mall Managers in achieving the acceptable merchandising and visual presentations.
• Monitor placement if units/tenants in the common area.
• Coordinate merchandise mix with leasing to ensure beset use of the space.
• Communicate required Specialty Leasing visual presentation standard to the tenants.
• Coordinate activity of Visual Merchandiser and tenant.
• A bachelor’s degree in a business related discipline
• One or two years of general business, sales, leasing or retail experience
• Basic math and accounting skills
• Well-developed interpersonal and negotiating skills
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Resourcefulness, creativity and a well-developed awareness of design principles
• Some overnight travel may be required#ZR
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: