LCV NORTHCOM: Sous Chef
This position is located in FT. McCoy, Wisconsin
Under broad direction, oversees the operations of the kitchen including food preparation and inventory levels. May be responsible for scheduling and training of employees. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of cooks and other workers engaged in preparing and cooking foodstuffs. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically requires an undergraduate degree in area of specialty and at least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Responsible for "hands-on" direct supervision and training of KBR Food Service staff and subcontractor personnel. Oversees Hot and Cold Food Production, Menu Compliance and Food Production Records
- Completion of at least one year of formal training as a professional Chef or Food Service Manager.
- 5 Years of supervisory work experience in an institutional food service kitchen.
- 5 years of work experience in hot foods and cold foods production are required.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of food procurement preferred. Various food preparation methods are essential.
- Previous food service management experience preferred.
- Strong supervisory and organizational skills required.
- Self-starter and self-motivation are essential.
- Must have Serv Safe Managers Certification
- Work with the Army Contracting Officer and the Quality Control Officer to ensure food service requirements are adhered to.
- Required to follow the proper procedures to provide food service support within the scope by having the proper administration procedures in place (Letter of Technical Direction and Notice To Proceed procedures).
- Requires Culinary Certification issued by a Culinary Institute (Certification from the military is acceptable)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.