Temporary Part Time Administrative Assistant Fellowship
International Strategic Management background:
Since 1991, ISM, Inc. has provided economic development services to leadership teams of organizations around the world, facilitating the establishment of entrepreneurial ecosystems. We also facilitate strategies for leadership teams on economic development and entrepreneurship. We also deliver entrepreneurship and leadership training to High School students and to organizations supporting technology commercialization, including training for minority, ethnic and immigrant groups.
This position provides administrative and secretarial support for the ISM team.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include:
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- All standard general office duties and responsibilities, including correspondence with all contacts via mail (thank you cards, reports, email, and phone calls)
- Create and maintain documents, correspondence, and materials, including newsletters, presentations and program booklets utilizing Apple(keynote, numbers,...), ( Microsoft Office (word, ppt, excel,?) and Google Suite ( sheets, drive,?)
- Managing scheduling for CEO, team members, events including creating events on several portals such as Eventbrite , ISM online portal sand Zoom
- Program setup, management and participation (virtually at this time and in person in the future)
- Event setup, management and participation (virtually at this time and in person in the future)
- Database & website management, including cloud filing
- Post on social media platforms as needed to promote events and programs and manage ad campaigns and generate reports to understand what to do next
- Prepares mailers and brochures by formatting content and graphics
- Edit blogs and proposals, respond to RFP's.
This position is perfect for a self-directed team player with a positive, friendly and can do attitude. We seek a detail-oriented assistant who can be flexible with working hours, meet deadlines despite numerous interruptions, and manage conflicting priorities. The successful candidate must also have the ability and desire to work with international cultures and leaders. To perform effectively in this position, the applicant must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Four years of college in business, marketing, communications, journalism, international studies or related field or related work experience.
- Three years of administrative experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite.
- QuickBooks experience preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of Google Forms is a plus or other web tools and databases such as Nutshell or other CRM tools
- Requires typing speed minimum of 60 wpm.
Hours: 15-20 hours a week
Office locations: Online for now. Troy and Detroit, some travel may be required in southeast Michigan.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
Submit a cover letter with pay requirements and your resume.
Next steps would be an interview and background checks, then a second interview before final consideration.
This is a remote position.