Position Title: Custodian
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Principal or Facilities ManagerPosition Description:
- Responsible for keeping the assigned building(s) clean, safe and secure in accordance with set standards, laws and policies.
- Maintain the building(s) in a state of operational excellence that presents no interruptions, distractions, or obstacles to the ongoing educational program.
- Clean, dust, and sanitizes rooms; clean and wax floors; clean windows and stairs; sanitize lavatories, furniture, appliances, and support apparatus, per approved schedule.
- Operate equipment needed to complete essential functions including: vacuum cleaner, rug cleaner, hand and small power tools.
- Install paper products.
- Deliver supplies and materials.
- Perform preventive maintenance work, paint, replace bulbs, ballast, and replace glass, as needed.
- Keep exterior walks and lawns free of debris, and complete snow removal and other exterior work related to these functions as may be requested.
- Complete inventory reports, daily cleaning and maintenance reports, and supply orders.
- Operate building systems, including HVAC, fire protection, security control, lighting, and safety.
- Prepare facility setups for all school activities.
- Relocate furniture and equipment as needed.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Imagine Schools Six Measures of Excellence in the execution of duties.
- Model positive character virtues and habits. Assist students in developing positive moral and performance character attributes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Principal/School Leader.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Experience: 1-2 years maintenance or custodial experience.
- Basic computer and email ability.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to perform in a physically demanding environment.
- Flexibility to deal with operational problems and emergencies.
- Able to work independently, analyze information skillfully and in a timely manner, as well as make decisions where appropriate.
- Ability to communicate cooperatively and constructively with other staff, students and parents in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to remain pleasant and helpful under sometimes-stressful circumstances.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the standard required for each essential function. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all assigned duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
To apply please send your resume to karen.shepherd@imagineschools,org