Join Hillcrest Hospital's team providing Evals and Treatment to Ortho, neuro, neurosurgery, trauma, vascular, cardiothoracic, general medical and surgery patients in Acute Care.
New Graduates are welcome to apply!
Hillcrest Hospital is a Level 2 Trauma Center with trauma surgeons on site. Stroke Certified Center with Neurointerventional Radiology.
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of patient's condition.
- Establishes, revises and evaluates a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient/family according to their capabilities and desires.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard physical therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the age and condition of the patient.
- Supervises activities of physical therapy assistants, students and other support personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or certificate required.
- Current State licensure as a Physical Therapist (PT).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Experience in the clinical area preferred.
- Ability to walk and climb stairs without assistive device and to maintain balance despite sudden load in order to support patient from falling.
- Ability to meet physical demands characterized at the heavy level defined by 1993 Leonard Matheson and Ministry of Labor.
- Ability to lift and reach with arms sufficiently to lift patient's arm and leg during therapeutic treatment program.
- Sensation of touch and manual dexterity to be able to palpate muscle tension or to monitor patient pulse.
- Visual acuity to observe patient's gross and fine motor movements in order to analyze these movements and to read all patient monitors.
- Ability to speak clearly enough to instruct patients and families.
- Ability to hear at a conversational level to understand patient's description of symptoms and response to treatment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities