Perspecta's Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization's systems and capabilities. Analyzes business partner's operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions. Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology. Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications. Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business. Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation. Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units supported to enhance the enterprise's competitive edge. May make recommendations for buy vs. build decision. Intermediate professional level role. Works with business partners within one business function to align technology solutions with business strategies. Demonstrates an informed knowledge of a business area to resolve problems on an ongoing business. Supports several moderately complex business processes. Works on multiple projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project leader. May coach more junior staff. Will assist DEO with the following tasks and services:
1) Utilizing an Agile SCRUM approach, Business Analyst will work to develop and review Agile stories.
2) Must execute business process improvements, assist in gathering requirements from decision-makers, and ensure best practices in quality assurance testing.
3) Documenting requirements and traceability in tools ALM, TFS.
4) Represent the business process problems along with solutions for them.
5) Using these toolkits helps demonstrate innovations and improvisations to business stakeholders.
6) Flexible enough to quickly course correct, re-prioritize, and elicit new information based on what was learned from customer feedback.
7) Extract collaboration and build a better understanding between development teams and clients.
8) Produce business-critical requirements through observation and trial and error methods.
9) Must have extensive knowledge of the business domain, processes, and flow of the projects they are working on.
10) Must have deep technical knowledge and understanding of the business requirements.
11) Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, summarizing low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
12) Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
13) Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
14) Make recommendations about products and features that would support positive, secure, and efficient customer experience.
15) Work with other team members to help outline team roadmaps and communicate these to internal stakeholders. Pitch in wherever needed.
16) Assisting with the business case planning, monitoring, eliciting, translating, and simplifying requirements to drive the design or review of test cases and/or process change requests
17) Assist with the project's scope, acceptance, installation, and deployment.
18) Works with developers, Subject Matter Experts and other users to refine and deliver requirements in a timely manner.
Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD.
5+ years experience in Rapid prototyping business flows
5+ years experience documenting requirements/ traceability using a holistic requirements management tool.
5+ years System documentation experience
5+ years experience in a Senior Digital Business Analyst, project management or similar role
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO (https://perspecta.com/eeo-aa) Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).