At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
At AES, we’re accelerating the future of energy, together, while transforming customer experience and delivering unique customer products and solutions. We are looking for a team player, not a proprietary trader. This role will lead, establish and deploy short term portfolio management and cash trading strategies that enhance the portfolio’s margin and lower risk.
- Holds P&L responsibility for the regional desk's book, which includes a portfolio of renewable and thermal generation, market transactions and long-term client deals, as well as related hedges, with a focus on bal-day through the end of the month
- Develops and executes trading strategies that account for energy, shape and basis
- Understand and explain portfolio value drivers and associated sensitivities, looking at natural gas and options trading for potential proxy hedges
- Stay current with developments in electricity and fuels markets as well as regulation to improve prediction of forward prices, with a focus on the specific ISOs/RTOs, through interaction with Market Operations and Regulatory teams
- Work closely with the analytics team to improve price and risk modelling
- Provide portfolio recommendations based on in-depth financial market analyses.
- Work across the organization to improve infrastructure, risk management and market knowledge
- This is not a proprietary trading role at first, however some degree of proprietary trading authority and commensurate P&L responsibility may be authorized and developed in time, under the appropriate risk control functions, depending upon the growth and needs of the overall business
- Bachelor´s Degree in engineering, finance, or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience in the energy sector in a similar role, with relevant trading experience in one or more ISO (PJM, ERCOT, ISONE, NYISO, MISO, and CAISO)
- Renewables experience is a plus, highly desirable if combined wind, solar and energy storage
- Team player
- Detail oriented, commercial acumen and analytical skills
- Commercial agility and organizational skills
AES is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to building strength and delivering long-term sustainability through diversity and inclusion. Respecting all backgrounds, differences and perspectives enables us to improve the lives of our people, customers, suppliers, contractors, and the communities in which we live and work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, race, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. E-Verify Notice: AES will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.