Senior Operations Consultant (Merchant Services)
Hagerstown, Maryland;Coral Springs, Florida; Newark, Delaware; Phoenix, Arizona; Spokane, Washington; College Park, Georgia; Omaha, Nebraska
Line of Business Role Description
The Senior Operations Consultant provides leadership & advocacy for the Merchant Operations organization in support of merchant services clients across multiple lines of business. This role acts as a Subject Matter Expertin acquiring disputes / chargebacksand is responsible for working across multiple business functions to ensure there is alignmenton strategically integrating disputes processes. This role also supportsclient experience, employee experience, business controls, metrics, and reporting in support of the merchant services product.
- Subject matter expert and a business process expert inacquiringdisputes / chargebacksservices, products, and solutions.
- Provides core processing oversight of vendor and performance of those functions and serves as a point of escalation.
- Responsible for the day-to-day resolution of complex problems and the execution of complex transactions for multiple sites or larger business unit(s), includingdisputes / chargebacks.
- Leads in the design, development, and implementation of complex products, systems, and services in an operations environment
- Manages projects and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives of an operations nature.
- Functions as the technical expert inacquiringdisputes / chargebacks.
- Provides work direction, guidance and expertise to less experienced employees and provides training to employees and Business Partners on new and complex initiatives. Builds strong relationships with Business Partners across LOBs, including vendors.
- Has in-depth understanding ofacquiringdisputes / chargebacksoperations processes and implications on other groups within the operations function and other divisions within the company.
- Major accountabilities are based on individual expertise and capabilities. Knowledge acquired through increasingly responsible operations analysis work. Clearly recognized as a content expert by peers.
- Set goals and monitor progress toward metrics, providing guidance and support in meeting goals.
- Report success of the operations and identify bottlenecks in the process.
- Prepare and deliver reports to management and senior executives.
- Identify best practices; advise on quality and productivity improvements
- 5-7 year experience in managing functions that supportacquiringdisputes / chargebacks
- 5+ years preferred experience in Merchant Services
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a team based environment and the ability to motivate and empower employees.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience in back office Operations (Customer Service, Settlement Operations, Disputes/Chargebacks, International support) preferred.
- Ability to travel approximately 15% to multiple locations.
- Ability to solve complex problems through root cause analysis, management by fact and collaboration across a wide population.
- Ability to make swift and sound decisions that demonstrate both strategic and tactical analytical and leadership skills.
- Ability to as act as a trusted advisor at all organizational levels, including ability to develop and deliver substantive presentations to executive leadership.
- Analytical skills, understanding of basic statistics and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Ability to express ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Strong consensus building ability with effective conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Ability to take initiative and effect change
- Microsoft Office Suite products, including but not limited to Visio, Excel, SharePoint and Project
- Position may require working evening shift and weekend hours
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role
Manages People: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Bank of America and its affiliates consider for employment and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster, CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .
To view the "EEO is the Law" Supplement, CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf .
Bank of America aims to create a workplace free from the dangers and resulting consequences of illegal and illicit drug use and alcohol abuse. Our Drug-Free Workplace and Alcohol Policy ("Policy") establishes requirements to prevent the presence or use of illegal or illicit drugs or unauthorized alcohol on Bank of America premises and to provide a safe work environment.
To view Bank of America's Drug-free workplace and alcohol policy, CLICK HERE .