Line of Business Role Description
The Senior Operations Consultant provides leadership & advocacy for the Merchant Operations organization in support of merchant services clients across multiple lines of business. This role acts as a Subject Matter Expert in acquiring disputes / chargebacks and is responsible for working across multiple business functions to ensure there is alignment on strategically integrating disputes processes. This role also supports client experience, employee experience, business controls, metrics, and reporting in support of the merchant services product.
- Subject matter expert and a business process expert in acquiring disputes / chargebacks services, products, and solutions.
- Provides core processing oversight of vendor and performance of those functions and serves as a point of escalation.
- Responsible for the day-to-day resolution of complex problems and the execution of complex transactions for multiple sites or larger business unit(s), including disputes / chargebacks.
- Leads in the design, development, and implementation of complex products, systems, and services in an operations environment
- Manages projects and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives of an operations nature.
- Functions as the technical expert in acquiring disputes / chargebacks.
- Provides work direction, guidance and expertise to less experienced employees and provides training to employees and Business Partners on new and complex initiatives. Builds strong relationships with Business Partners across LOBs, including vendors.
- Has in-depth understanding of acquiring disputes / chargebacks operations processes and implications on other groups within the operations function and other divisions within the company.
- Major accountabilities are based on individual expertise and capabilities. Knowledge acquired through increasingly responsible operations analysis work. Clearly recognized as a content expert by peers.
- Set goals and monitor progress toward metrics, providing guidance and support in meeting goals.
- Report success of the operations and identify bottlenecks in the process.
- Prepare and deliver reports to management and senior executives.
- Identify best practices; advise on quality and productivity improvements
- 5-7 year experience in managing functions that support acquiring disputes / chargebacks
- 5+ years preferred experience in Merchant Services
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a team based environment and the ability to motivate and empower employees.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience in back office Operations (Customer Service, Settlement Operations, Disputes/Chargebacks, International support) preferred.
- Ability to travel approximately 15% to multiple locations.
- Ability to solve complex problems through root cause analysis, management by fact and collaboration across a wide population.
- Ability to make swift and sound decisions that demonstrate both strategic and tactical analytical and leadership skills.
- Ability to as act as a trusted advisor at all organizational levels, including ability to develop and deliver substantive presentations to executive leadership.
- Analytical skills, understanding of basic statistics and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Ability to express ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Strong consensus building ability with effective conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Ability to take initiative and effect change
- Microsoft Office Suite products, including but not limited to Visio, Excel, SharePoint and Project
- Position may require working evening shift and weekend hours
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: